Celestamine In Oz?

Lynnie

Hi all,

Does anyone know what Celestamine is called in OZ perhaps??

I posted this in health and wellbeing forum:

We are on a private medical care. My little girl got sick and I took her to the doctor yesterday. He didn't even look in her throat or ears (she was coughing and complaining of a sore throat and earache) - I had to ask him to do that whilst he was writing the prescription for antibiotics.

She has an infected post nasal drip and started coughing.

I asked the doc if he can't prescribe some celestamine as well to clear up the post nasal - they don't know that in OZ!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT WORST OF ALL:

If I wanted a medical certificate for her (for school) - I have to make another appointment AND pay the consultation fee of $55!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ph34r::thumbdown::blink:

I am extremely upset to say the least....

It is called "Get someone to bring some over next time"

No equivalent product here. Go and see your Pharmacist they will help you.

Get her some Dimetapp Elixir and Nurofen Liquid. The combination will have the same effect as the Celestamine and probably be better for her without the corticosteroid.

Good luck.

Thanks...

She was on Dimetapp for a week - didn't help. Then on Demazin for another week - didn't help.... That's why we went to the dr.

Will defenitely stock up on celestamine when we go and visit in december!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please vote with your feet and find another doctor. This one sounds completely useless and not a representation of doctors here on the whole. And as a parting gesture, write a letter to the practice manager saying why they are losing your business.

I have mostly found the doctors here not so good. I have a 2 year old myself and been back to SA and got the wonderful celestamine for her while there and wish I brought some back. The doctors rarely give you a script for anything these days if you have the flu, only the usual antibiotics. If family come and visit, get them to bring some over. Have had friends' mum bring me Chloropect,as Aus doesn't have anything like that and it is just a relief to have if your little ones tummy is not well.

Archived