Visitor Visa

Malcolm

How long does it take to get a visitors visa once applied?

Friends took a few days to a week but they first had to get full birth certificates for the children which almost stopped their plans due to the wait.

Hi Malcolm, I have no idea why you would need a full birth certificate for a visitors visa as suggested by LeeInOz! My sisters from SA visit me every year and they have certainly never required one when applying for their visitor's visa. It takes them about five working days to get their visitor's visa, never more, but sometimes less. All they needed was their valid passports, a letter of invitation from me, and valid documentation that I could support them. Of course, if you are just coming on holiday, without visiting family or friends, as long as you can prove that you will be taking enough funds with you to sustain you on your holiday, that is all you will need.

We didn't have to get birth certificates either :blink: They also wanted to see that we had Return plane tickets...

Hi Everyone,

If I remember correctly :ilikeit: and if I am not mistaken, Bronwyn had to get an unabridged birth certificate for her stepson as well. Or maybe it was an unabridged birth certificate from her stepson’s mother :ilikeit: .

Maybe she will be able to give you some more information on this.

Good luck!

Bye, Pippa! X

Guest Bronwyn

Hi there

No, we needed the Unabridged birth certificate for my stepson's British Passport application. With a British Passport you can just travel on an ETA Visa which is free. We couldn't get that in time, and so had to use the SA Passport and pay for the Visa.

I don't think we needed the birth certificate for the Visa application, only for the actual passport.

B :ilikeit:

Oops :ilikeit: ! I remember you need an unabridged certificate, but was not quite sure.

Thanks for clarifying! :ilikeit:

Lovies, Pippa! X