Telecommunications

Daniel.van.Rensburg2011

Hi there,

This is my first post of the forum, i have been reading for a while now and am very impressed with all the info available.

So my name is Daniel and im an Australian citizen. I left Australia when i was 12, I am now 23 and settled in Johannesburg, South Africa. My partner and i were lucky enough to have a child last year and are now contemplating the idea of a move to Perth. I work in Telecommunications im currently in West Africa. My role is to Design (AutoCAD) and supervise the construction of the Tower sites. Supervising all Civil works. I would like to know if there is anyone using this Forum that is in the same line of work in Australia and could maybe give me some pointers in the right direction to take my career forward in Oz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel

Hi there,

This is my first post of the forum, i have been reading for a while now and am very impressed with all the info available.

So my name is Daniel and im an Australian citizen. I left Australia when i was 12, I am now 23 and settled in Johannesburg, South Africa. My partner and i were lucky enough to have a child last year and are now contemplating the idea of a move to Perth. I work in Telecommunications im currently in West Africa. My role is to Design (AutoCAD) and supervise the construction of the Tower sites. Supervising all Civil works. I would like to know if there is anyone using this Forum that is in the same line of work in Australia and could maybe give me some pointers in the right direction to take my career forward in Oz.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

There will be a lot of req's in the Telco space coming up in AU as a result of the National Broadband Network rollout (FTTP). 93% will be fixed line, but the remaining 7% will be wireless & satelite. They are currently busy with the early release stages and I am actively recruiting for designers as we speak. Feel free to send me a Personal Message and I will send you my email address.

Regards,

NV

• 3 months later...

Hi Daniel,

There will be a lot of req's in the Telco space coming up in AU as a result of the National Broadband Network rollout (FTTP). 93% will be fixed line, but the remaining 7% will be wireless & satelite. They are currently busy with the early release stages and I am actively recruiting for designers as we speak. Feel free to send me a Personal Message and I will send you my email address.

Regards,

NV

Hi NV,

Don't mean to hi-jack your message to Daniel but I thought you may have some insight. My brother in-law landed in Perth on Saturday and will be looking for work. He is on a State sponsored visa so will have to remain in WA for 2 years. In the meantime he would need to seek employment in WA and as his background in telecomms, we thought it best for him to stay within the industry. He has 25 years experience having worked for Telkom as a technician.

Would you have any advice for him as to who he can contact to move forward?

Do you know if he would need to be registered or be a member of some Telecomms organisation to obtain employment?

Thank you in advance

Annene

Archived