Commercial Pilot And Engineering

rusk_dipper

Hello all,

With my contract with my present employer coming up for renewal, I am trying to find companies that hire engineers/technicians with commercial pilots licences.

I have a CASA CPL and MECIR with 300hour TT so far, coming up to my first IR renewal soon as well. I also have a 10+ years of Control Systems Engineering experience mainly with power systems but I like to think I'm pretty flexible when it comes to different types of work. Would consider moving my little family anywhere in Aus (within reason) for something like this as I would like to combine these two interests in my life.

If there is someone in the Newcastle/Sydney area needing a mature (mid 30's) casual pilot for weekend work or bank/freight runs that would also be fantastic, I'm based in Newcastle and have pretty much walked all the local airfields flat to find that elusive first flying job.

If there are any fellow South Africans living in Newcastle(NSW) that want to get together for a beer and talk planes get in touch.

Regards

RD

• 1 month later...

Hi RD,

I'm a retired (recently) Aussie airline pilot Perth based, are you looking for a career in aviation or part time??

If you are looking at airline flying, if I were you I would look at doing the ATPL subjects while you build your

hours.

If this is not the case then you would probably need to go Bankstown for general charter/bank runs etc.

If its the former I would be only too pleased to offer you any advice that may be helpfull.

Pete

Meant to add what twin endorsements do you have. I have a friend who has two

Barons a 58 and a 55 and uses casual guys on them.

Archived