Job Seekers Website

Shelly173

Hi Guys!

I was wondering if anyone knows of websites that South African's can possibly use to land a job in Oz? We've been on many websites and spoken to lots of agents but no luck! All the jobs and agents tell us the same thing - That you must either have a work permit or be a citizen of Australia or Oz!

So this rather limits us, as we are in the process of applying for Permanent Residence.

If any one have some info on this please help. We are looking for a job opportunity in the Information Technology Sector for a Business Analyst.

Thanks!

I think you may have to accept that it is the same for almost all of us: you need to have at least PR or a job offer prior to PR, with accompanying 457 work permit or be a citizen to be able to land a job in Oz/NZ from RSA.

If you find a job prior to PR, you'll either have to apply for your 457 visa yourself, or ask the employer to apply/sponsor on your behalf. You cannot have a 457 without a job offer.

We are all limited in that respect.

If you find a job and apply for it and receive an offer, you can apply for 457. Otherwise, you'll need to be there. I don't think there's much working around it, but I guess everything is not cast in stone. If you diligently keep searching, you might just find an employer willing to offer you an opportunity. Do not be too much in a rush, it might be better to wait till you have your PR and then find your job, or relocate and find a job while already there.

Hi,

Have a look at http://skilledmigrantjobs.com which was set up specifically to address the issues you raise. I can't tell you how many people have approached me at migration expos asking where they can go to find a job where the employer is prepared to sponsor as Seek and most of the other Australian job sites mostly advertise positions requiring permanent residence.

Only employers who are prepared to sponsor someone into Australia and have been approved to sponsor can advertise positions on the site. Recruitment agents can also only advertise positions that have been approved for sponsorship as well.

The site is pretty new and growing rapidly, it is also free to register and list your CV or sign up for job alerts.

Hope that this helps...

Regards,

Stuart

Hi,

Have a look at http://skilledmigrantjobs.com which was set up specifically to address the issues you raise. I can't tell you how many people have approached me at migration expos asking where they can go to find a job where the employer is prepared to sponsor as Seek and most of the other Australian job sites mostly advertise positions requiring permanent residence.

Only employers who are prepared to sponsor someone into Australia and have been approved to sponsor can advertise positions on the site. Recruitment agents can also only advertise positions that have been approved for sponsorship as well.

The site is pretty new and growing rapidly, it is also free to register and list your CV or sign up for job alerts.

Hope that this helps...

Regards,

Stuart

Hi Shelley,

Sorry, Got ahead of myself as replied to your post and then saw your reply to me on the SkilledMigrantJobs post.

Best of luck, hope you manage to find something.

Regards,

Stuart

Have a look at www.workingin-Australia.com - all our jobs are with sponsoring employers too

Archived