Needing Contacts In Chapel Hill

cherylv

Hi - I have lived in Melbourne for 12 years and am having to move to Brisbane to be with Andrew who has been working in Bne but lost his stuff in the floods. I move end May 2011.

We are renting in Chapel Hill and I need to find some friendly faces to give advice on doctors, dentists, yoga classes , book clubs, running groups and the like. Plus it would be great to have a coffee! I am > 50 but < 60, no kids and very active. Anyone up for a coffee sometime?

[im not sure how this works .....:)]

Cheryl

Hi - I have lived in Melbourne for 12 years and am having to move to Brisbane to be with Andrew who has been working in Bne but lost his stuff in the floods. I move end May 2011.

We are renting in Chapel Hill and I need to find some friendly faces to give advice on doctors, dentists, yoga classes , book clubs, running groups and the like. Plus it would be great to have a coffee! I am > 50 but < 60, no kids and very active. Anyone up for a coffee sometime?

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl, I live in Kenmore and my sis (who has been in Oz 14 years) is in Chapel Hill. By all means, once you are settled please give me a ring, it would be lovely to meet you for a cuppa and fill you in on some of the lovely places and people I have found since arriving here 2 years ago.

Chat soon,

Kind regards,

Robyn (0414 990 424)

Fantastic Hairdresser in Chapel Hill ex PE girl :- Wendy Simpson 0438 029 922 or 3720 0474

Wendy has been here for nearly 11 years and knows everybody - truly and awesome person

I can recommend Kenmore Baptist Church - FANTABULOUS church community and very very welcoming - very open minded bunch of people

• 1 month later...

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl - hope you have settled in by now ... I am still on my way (a little different - 3 kids et al) but would appreciate any suggestions you may have for settling in Brisbane ... and what Chapel Hill is like as we were also looking at it .... thanks lauret

Hi Cheryl - hope you have settled in by now ... I am still on my way (a little different - 3 kids et al) but would appreciate any suggestions you may have for settling in Brisbane ... and what Chapel Hill is like as we were also looking at it .... thanks lauret

Hi Lauret . I have been in the US for 3 weeks and so have only had 1 week in Chapel Hill. It seems a nice area and my only 'sociable' experience has been to do a yoga class nearby at which there were 3 ex South Africans out of a class of 6! I guess that tells you something. There is also a big shopping centre very close by where you also hear a lot of South African accents. I dont have kids so dont know about schools. However I do believe that having kids is a distinct advantage to getting settled into Australia through making contacts and friends with other parents. My first 5 years were incredibly hard trying to get on top of my job and make a new (social) life.You will find it a lot easier.Keep in touch and I will try and help where I can. Did you see the post with a reference to Wendy from PE?

Regards, Cheryl.

Archived