Air travel on short notice in Australia

conroys

I'm considering a LSD trip to Oz and would like to see a number of different cities within a flexable and possibly changeable schedule.

So my question is: How difficuilt is it to travel between mayor cities in Australia on short notice?

Can I pitch at the airport and book a seat for the same day or would it be better to book all my flights before leaving South Africa?

It should be fairly easy. Hubby travels a lot and not once has he arrived at the airport earlier than his booked flight and could not get on an earlier flight.......

If you go on this website, you can see how many flights are available every day and also get an idea of price...... It has all the carriers listed and you can compare prices, click on next or previous days etc. We always book our flights online through this site : www.flightcentre.com.au

Also check out WebJet. They check out all the airlines and find you the cheapest flight.

I agree Webjet is the best place to look first. Another thing is to plan the days you want to fly if possible. For instance flight pricess on Fridays go up to more than double until Sat mid day then then go down a little and go up on Sunday evening until Tuesday. So travel on Tues to Thurs is cheaper and also time of day is different as well. We were advised not to book local AU flights from South Africa to save money, and worked well. I have even just arrived an hour before a flight and bought tickets there and then. Again not on a Sun night Mon morning.

In general from cheapest to most expensive I find are Jetstar Virginblue QUANTUS Link.

At 12 am to 1pm, ie lunch hour, there are specials if you book in that hour. Many have saved by doing this, but not me. :D