Police Clearance

Dedrei

We did our Police Clearance (just the fingerprints) at our local police station before we left for Aus and told my mother-inlaw to hang on to them until we need them posted to CRC in Pretoria.

Ok now my question is this, will it be a problem if the date on the forms that our fingerprints are on is 06/04/2006? Will CRC accept this or not?

Then do we just send this paper with the fingerprints on to CRC or is there any other docs that need to go with it?

Appreciate any help.

P.S. Does anybody have any contacts for doing Police Clearances, like collecting when their done, etc.

Cheers

Hi Dedrei

This is precisely what I did. I left the same documents with a friend of ours and he handed it in for me round about November 2006 the only other documents we also supplied him with was certified copies of our ID documents.

He collected it for us as well and I should be receiving them this week still. So we had no problems in doing it in this way!!

Hi Dedrei

your police clearance basically tells everyone that as of that date you had not committed any crime, often in Australia especially in the mining industry a police clearance is valid for 1 year, if you are concrened or are told yours is out of date go to your nearest police station with your Drivers license and the fee which is less than $100.00, cant remember ho much and ask for a Police clearance, it take a few minutes.

hope this helps.

Hi Dedrei

your police clearance basically tells everyone that as of that date you had not committed any crime, often in Australia especially in the mining industry a police clearance is valid for 1 year, if you are concrened or are told yours is out of date go to your nearest police station with your Drivers license and the fee which is less than $100.00, cant remember ho much and ask for a Police clearance, it take a few minutes.

hope this helps.

This is oly an Australian certificate and proves your staus here in Australia. The one for migration must come from the RSA police. These are considered current for a year for PR visa.

There is a new page on the police website that was not there previously with all the details.

getting the certificate by remote is the best thing, and soem people her have done that to change visas.

What I did not know is that you can get another certificate within 6 months even after receivng one by paying the fee.

http://www.saps.gov.za/_dynamicModules/int...d.asp?myURL=258

:blink: Anybody willing to submit it personally for me at Pretoria and collect it again? :whome: I will gladly pay a fee for it, but not the ridiculous amounts that Bunnyhop charges. ;)

Dedrei, I'll do it with pleasure !

What does CRC stand for ? Do you have the address ?

Who needs this clearance ?

Criminal Record Centre.

In urgent cases, the applicant may deliver the completed application in person or mail the application to; The Head of the South African Criminal Record Centre (For attention: Police Clearance Certificates) Private Bag X308 PRETORIA Gauteng South Africa 0001 4.

The application may also be delivered by courier to; The Head of the South African Criminal Record Centre (For attention: Police Clearance Certificates) Sanlam Plaza West CRC Client Service Centre 1st Floor 271 Schoeman Street PRETORIA

Lindy-Lee

:blink:

Thanks for the info Lindy-Lee !