Subclass 136

JohanK

Hi

A question to those that is presently applying for a subclass 136 regarding Military Service.

I can clearly remember when logging our 457 visa electronically at that time DIMIA stipulated that if you did compulsory military training you did not need to supply them with the military discharge papers. Now I wonder if the same applies for the subclass 136 applications or do you now need to supply them with the discharge papers?

I can clearly remember when logging our 457 visa electronically at that time DIMIA stipulated that if you did compulsory military training you did not need to supply them with the military discharge papers. Now I wonder if the same applies for the subclass 136 applications or do you now need to supply them with the discharge papers?

You definitely need it for 136.

Thanks JJV will rather include it in this one but I suppose you even get double standards in Australia :whome:

Hi

A question to those that is presently applying for a subclass 136 regarding Military Service.

Hi JohanK - My husband did compulsary military training and had to annex a letter from the Defence Froce to the 136 Visa Application confirming his discharge,

Hallo JohanK

Jy kan die nodige dokumentasie by die volgende ouens aanvra.

You can contact the Documentation Centre at the following number.

Tel No:(012) 339-4600 Fax No : (012) 339-4631.

Their e-mail address is as follows: sandfdoc@mweb.co.za

E-L. Mostert

SA Department of Defence Information Centre

Private Bag X161

Pretoria

Tel.: (+27 12 ) 355 6321

Fax:(+27 12) 355 6398

Hoop dit help

Jacques

:whome:

Just to muddy the waters a bit.....

When I applied to migrate to Australia (about 12 years ago on a 121 visa), I told the Australians that I didn't have discharge papers as I was still liable for call-ups. They were fine with that!

So my advice is to ask the Australian Immigration people if military discharge papers are really necessary. - In my case, they weren't.