Jobs If Not A Citizen

Meintjies

I just need some help - we will be coming over in September as PR

Was worried about most jobs requiring Aus citizenship - is there lots of jobs available without citizenship or is it a requirement because of the government basically supplying most jobs in Canberra?

most people I know have found jobs soon after arriving .... don't worry you will fine one!!!!thumbup.gif

Was worried about most jobs requiring Aus citizenship - is there lots of jobs available without citizenship or is it a requirement because of the government basically supplying most jobs in Canberra?

I think certain government jobs may need Citizenship.

You obviously got your PR because your skills are in demand. The challenge is getting past the hiring process. Just remember, things are different in Aus. I am talking about things like, the kind of personalities they want in particular jobs may be slightly different.

So, don't get dishartened... and don't accuse them of rejecting you because you are a foreigner; thats seldom the case.

Cheers

Hi there,

As a rule you don't need citizenship, you just need to have the 'right to work'; which PR gives you. There are a handfull of jobs which require citizenship; examples of these are some jobs of a more 'sensitive nature' within government departments and the military - I think you also need to be a citizen to become a policeman. In the majority of cases though, a visa is all you need.

z

Archived