E-ticket Malaysia Air

Fern

Can you relate?

I just bookked a ticket online with Malaysia Air Jhb to Perth and the e - ticket they sent me just has the flight numbers on it no details of the flight like time etc. The bookking ref and all that are on it but it seems a bit strange. Did anyone else get the same?

I paid just R4824 for one adult one way for interest sake

Also can I book luggage straight through or do I have to pick it up in Kuala Lumpur and do the whole customs thing. Also if I buy grog in JHB as hand luggage is it a problem at KL airport?

Your input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fern

Also can I book luggage straight through or do I have to pick it up in Kuala Lumpur and do the whole customs thing. Also if I buy grog in JHB as hand luggage is it a problem at KL airport?

Your input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fern

We flew via KL and yes you can check your luggage all the way thru. So need to collect it at KL.

As for buying at duty free in JHB, they wouldn't sell to us at JHB as we had a connecting flight in KL. The reason is that when you buy it in JHB they take to the other side of customs and give it to you just before you board the plane. But if you are getting off the plane in KL and waiting in the airport you will have to carry it with you during that time. Then you will not be able board in KL with so much liquid.

I really cant see why cause you are already behind passport control in KL and stay behind passport the whole time you in KL so when would you have a chance to get something illegal and pretend its grog. But thats what they said.

If in doubt, ask the duty free before you buy in JHB and be speicific that you are changing planes in KL with a waiting period period.

You defintly cannot buy duty free in Joburg if you are connecting via KL. You can buy in KL to take onto your flight to Australia.

All I can say the joys of booking online, you get what you pay for , a ticket, no itnerary no extra information.

Please remember, that when you come into Australia, you can buy at duty free here, before you proceed to customs and passport control.

Like Mara says, that the easiest option ! 750ml of anything gets heavier the further you have to carry it :ilikeit:

Archived