Are There Any Saffers On The Sunshine Coast

Jill

Are there any South Africans on the Sunshine Coast....

Moving down there in the next 4 weeks, can't wait...

yes yes yes!!! We live in Peregian Springs and LOVE it (moved from Brisbane in December).

Whereabouts are you moving to?

Hi Nix,

We are moving to Alexandra Headlands...so excited, can't wait..

Jill, Lmari who used to be active on the forum lives in Nambour (I think), she lived in Toowoomba when we first arrived here.

Thanks Eva...there must be a lot more around. Just not on the forum.

• 4 weeks later...

So we arrived on the Sunshine Coast almost a week ago, it is so nice to be here, haven't had much free time yet, busy cleaning my new home and unpacking etc....anymore Saffers around us...also anyone know of a SA shop on the Sunshine Coast?

Thanks..

We just came back from a holiday in Noosa/Sunshine beach and there seemed to be plenty of South Africans there.

There was a South African shop, in Weyba Rd near Noosaville, and at the Coles in Noosa Heads there is a whole South African section in one of the Aisles. Astros, rusks, steak and chops spice, mielie meal, etc, etc. We were quite surprised to see it, particularly in a Coles rather than a deli.

Hi Hansa,

Thanks for that, I am sure there must be plenty around. I will have to listen out at the shopping centres...found a butcher who makes Wors, not the best I have had but not the worst either.

It really is beautiful here..

Jill!

My 23 yr old daughter lives on the Gold Coast (the coastline south of Brisbane to the New South Wales border (100kms long), for those South Africans unfamiliar with Queensland)

We visited her a couple of weeks back and she took me and mum to Eumundi, just off the Sunshine Coast inland a few miles.

There are loads of stalls with all sorts of stuff for sale.

Just check with the locals about the day when the stalls are happening, but I think it was Saturday.

Needless to say, both daughter and mum did some serious female retail therapy that day and ended up by dragging me off a bit further down to a spot called Montville, up in the ranges.

Similar stuff, only more coffee shops, restaurants and frock shops.

Enjoy! . . . . . (only don't take the old man)

Are there any South Africans on the Sunshine Coast....

Moving down there in the next 4 weeks, can't wait...

Hi Jill,

We moved to Sunshine Coast in Feb.....loving it !!!!! We currently live in Buderim which is not to far from you. If you are keen we can get together over some coffee . Just let me know.

Regards

Anthony and Cindy

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just saw this post now so sorry for not responding, I surprised my Mom in the UK with a visit, hadn't seen her for 7 years and just walked in to her lounge, so arrived back on wednesday and getting over my jetlag, I would love to meet up for coffee and will give you a call.

bye for now Jill

Archived