My Wife Struggling To Find Work.... Help

Johan du Toit

Hi Everyone,

I cannot believe it has been 11 months since our arrival in Perth. What a great time we are having!

My wife recently lost her job as a Hair Stylist. She was basically retrenched, since the salon is going under. The bad thing is that they knew this when they appointed her. We are in some trouble, since we desperately need her income to keep the house we are renting.

If anyone can help. She used to be Minki van der Westhuizen's personal stylist in SA. I have added her "looking for work" ad below. She is also available to come to your house for haircuts, styling, coloring or whatever it is the ladies do with their hair.

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Jobs-Wanted-health-beauty-Experienced-Hair-Stylist-looking-for-work-W0QQAdIdZ274086364

Thanks,

Johan

Hi Johan

I am sorry to hear about your wife's situation. I thought there was a shortage of hairdressers in Aus, I hope something comes up soon.

Hi Johan,

Sorry to hear about your wife’s misfortune. Has your wife considered doing haircuts at peoples homes privately. There is a lady that works in our area that does this. She basically comes to your house to cut your hair there. She works afternoons and evenings up to around 8:00 pm which is convenient as her customers work during office hours. Just a thought.

Good luck and I know things will turn around soon.

Cheers,

Hi Johan,

Sorry to hear about your wife's misfortune. Has your wife considered doing haircuts at peoples homes privately. There is a lady that works in our area that does this. She basically comes to your house to cut your hair there. She works afternoons and evenings up to around 8:00 pm which is convenient as her customers work during office hours. Just a thought.

Good luck and I know things will turn around soon.

Cheers,

Hi, Yes. She is definitely available to do that. She has been advertising on Gumtree. She's had quite a few clients already.

Sorry to hear this Johan. Unfortunately I dont know anybody in Perth in the hair world. She probably knows better than anyone which salons to target with her CV. I must say the bulk of my home clients I got to know via my son. She has to let your little one's day care etc know about her services. Many of the mums are stuck at home with kids and no childcare and would love someone to come to them. Good luck.

Sorry to hear this Johan. Unfortunately I dont know anybody in Perth in the hair world. She probably knows better than anyone which salons to target with her CV. I must say the bulk of my home clients I got to know via my son. She has to let your little one's day care etc know about her services. Many of the mums are stuck at home with kids and no childcare and would love someone to come to them. Good luck.

Good advice. Thanks. We'll try that.

Johan I'm trying to send you a personal msg but its not going thru, can you check if your inbox is full?

Thanx

Johan I'm trying to send you a personal msg but its not going thru, can you check if your inbox is full?

Thanx

It is cleaned out now. johandutoit2000@gmail.com

I saw the hairdresser at Lakeside where looking for a stylist last week ( Momo's) , perhaps you wife can go and drop her resume off.

Thank you for everyone's help so far. She is going to try and startup her own business from home. See the ad we have created. GREAT OPENING SPECIALS!

http://perth.gumtree.com.au/c-Business-Services-health-beauty-well-being-hairdressing-Hair-Stylist-Hairdresser-Top-Professional-Great-Prices-W0QQAdIdZ275045036

"

I am a fully qualified WA Principle Hair Stylist with 9 years experience.

My services are mobile or may be offered in the comfort of my lovely home in Carramar.

PRICE LIST:

Ladies Trim - $25

Ladies Style Cut - $35

Cut and Blow-Dry - Short - $45

Cut and Blow-Dry - Medium - $55

Cut and Blow-Dry - Long - $65

Blow-dry - Short - $30

Blow-dry - Medium - $40

Blow-dry - Long - $50

Flat Iron with Blow-Dry - $10

Flat Iron only - Medium - $20

Flat Iron only - Long - $35

Colouring from $50 - $90 (depending on length)

1/4 Head Foils from $40 (depending on length)

1/2 Head Foils from $50 (depending on length)

Full Head Foils from $70 (depending on length)

2nd Colour $15 extra

Treatment - from $10

SPECIAL!!! (Valid until 24 April)

$100 - Full Head Foils with Cut, Blow-Dry and Treatment - Short

$120 - Full Head Foils with Cut, Blow-Dry and Treatment - Medium

$130 - Full Head Foils with Cut, Blow-Dry and Treatment - Long

$100 - Full Head Colour with Cut, Blow-Dry and Treatment - Short

$120 - Full Head Colour with Cut, Blow-Dry and Treatment - Medium

$130 - Full Head Colour with Cut, Blow-Dry and Treatment - Long

Please contact me on 0433 612 569.

I will also respond to e-mails.

"

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, this is handy to know.....will contact soon.....:)

Cool, this is handy to know.....will contact soon.....:)

Thanks Kathy.

I have put this on my facebook page. We have lots of friends there and hope they have theis hair done with her!

I have put this on my facebook page. We have lots of friends there and hope they have theis hair done with her!

You are too kind. Thank you so much. :)

Archived