Organise Rental From Rsa?

Die Krugers

Hi there

Is there a way to organise rental in Adelaide from RSA? It seems like you have to be able to go to a viewing of the property first, and then only in a few weeks' time, they let you know if you are successful or not... So how do we get my husband a one bedroom flat/unit/apartment to stay in for three to six months until we arrive? I have looked at the caravan parks, etc, but their units are all for four persons or more, and cost $90 per day! Even taking a two bedroom would be OK, then when we arrive we can stay with him and he wouldn't have to move to a bigger place right then, but a 1 bedroom would help us not to spend most of his money on rental. He could probably afford about $250 per week.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

This is my biggest concern, the rest we can figure out as we go...

Thanks so much!

Tania

Hi there

Is there a way to organise rental in Adelaide from RSA? It seems like you have to be able to go to a viewing of the property first, and then only in a few weeks' time, they let you know if you are successful or not... So how do we get my husband a one bedroom flat/unit/apartment to stay in for three to six months until we arrive? I have looked at the caravan parks, etc, but their units are all for four persons or more, and cost $90 per day! Even taking a two bedroom would be OK, then when we arrive we can stay with him and he wouldn't have to move to a bigger place right then, but a 1 bedroom would help us not to spend most of his money on rental. He could probably afford about $250 per week.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

This is my biggest concern, the rest we can figure out as we go...

Thanks so much!

Tania

What about him looking at a temporary short term stay e.g. a granny flat or a room in a house which he may be able to find quite easily as a stop gap until he can find himself a cheap one or two bed unit? A lot of international workers go that route until they figure out where everything is. That way he doesnt rush into anything and sign for a place which is totally unsuitable (very difficult to evaluate a place when you havent physically been there to see whether it will meet your needs). When he has a better idea of where he is going to be working and which areas he needs to concentrate on he can take his time to find a place for the family to stay at a price you can afford rather than needing to jump at the first property on offer just because the family needs to have somewhere to live.

Check out gumtree and realestate.com that will give you a couple of ideas.

Hi Zoot

Thanks for the reply! My husband will be coming over with a job, se he will already know where he would need to stay. It looks like it might be in Brompton, so I was thinking of something close to the city centre so he can use the bus to get to work, or maynbe even cycle to work if it's close enough! And if he's in the city, he can get to shops for food shopping, etc. more easily without having to buy a car immediately. So knowing where he needs to live will already help a lot!

Cheers

Tania

Hi !

I'd suggest going through a private rental in your case. I was unable to secure a rental from out of town through an agency. Have a look at Gumtree, and if there is a lot of photos, contact the person. They go quick though, so dont think about it for a week. You can always get one of us to go see the guy and pay the bond to make surethe house does exist ! LOL

Regards

Cristel

Hi !

I'd suggest going through a private rental in your case. I was unable to secure a rental from out of town through an agency. Have a look at Gumtree, and if there is a lot of photos, contact the person. They go quick though, so dont think about it for a week. You can always get one of us to go see the guy and pay the bond to make surethe house does exist ! LOL

Regards

Cristel

Thanks Cristel, I think you're right, private would probably be our best option. Thanks for the advice! Yeah and just imagine hubby rocks up and the house never existed, you know I never even thought of that, I'm already trusting the Ozzies!! :lol:

Tania

Good luck with the interview tomorrow...i am sure it will go well! :) Have you enrolled/paid for the Peer course?

Hi Tania, let me know if I can be of any assistance.

There is loads of private ads in the Advertiser every wednesday, I can scan and email to you which is Tuesday night your time, to look at. No photos though, but your first house here is just a house, lol.

There is this NEW up and coming neighbourhood in Brompton, its a new development, and maybe you an buy there later on. I wish I could, we might end up being neigbours ! Lol

Look at www.realestate.com.au and search for Brompton. You will get the idea.

regards

C

Hi Tania, let me know if I can be of any assistance.

There is loads of private ads in the Advertiser every wednesday, I can scan and email to you which is Tuesday night your time, to look at. No photos though, but your first house here is just a house, lol.

There is this NEW up and coming neighbourhood in Brompton, its a new development, and maybe you an buy there later on. I wish I could, we might end up being neigbours ! Lol

Look at www.realestate.com.au and search for Brompton. You will get the idea.

regards

C

Hi Cristel

Thank you so much, you are so kind! I don't want to give you any trouble, but might just take you up on the offer if we really can't find something on our own. We will hopefully have an answer soon as to whether my husband will get the job or not, his interview today went really well, though! YAY! He is through to the second round. But it all depends on him getting the job. I'm just trying to find out beforehand and starting to prepare, because this can happen quite quickly!

Thanks for your kindness, I appreciate it!

Tania

Good luck with the interview tomorrow...i am sure it will go well! :) Have you enrolled/paid for the Peer course?

Thanks, Erick, it did go well! :ilikeit:

Tania

Hi there, i can't seem to reply to your pm's... i am very happy that the interview went well! :) :)

The second part of the interview will be a computer based test...

Regards

Erick

Hi there, i can't seem to reply to your pm's... i am very happy that the interview went well! :) :)

The second part of the interview will be a computer based test...

Regards

Erick

Thanks Erick, I am over the moon today! :ilikeit:

Not sure why you cannot seem to get a PM through? My box is not full either? :thumbdown:

He did his psychometric test today as well, and they want him to fly to Johannesburg (I think they have a plant there as well?) around next week.

Tania

Thanks Erick, I am over the moon today! :ilikeit:

Not sure why you cannot seem to get a PM through? My box is not full either? :thumbdown:

He did his psychometric test today as well, and they want him to fly to Johannesburg (I think they have a plant there as well?) around next week.

Tania

Great! I actually forgot about the JHB plant... they have plants in some other countries too.

Archived