Citizens At Last

Marius

I thought I might share that we finally became citizens of this great country on the 6th of April. We were eligible since 2009 But due to my extensive travel overseas for work I did not meet the requirement for days in the country and we wanted to get citizenship as a family so we all waited for me. So, we finally got there and we are happy to finally reach the end of the migration journey.

Our trek started in 2005 June with me getting a job and sponsorship on a 457 temporary visa, landing in October 2005, sponsored PR by the same employer in 2007 on a 857 visa and finally citizenship 6 April 2011.

Well done Marius. It is a long journey isnt it? Each one of us at a different point. For some the journey doesnt end with citizenship but carries on for years afterwards till at some point they arrive, Some think they are at the end only to realise that they are still travelling. Anyway well done.

Well done Marius, another milestone reached! Hope I will see you next month at Bob's place!

Hi Marius

The end of a journey...great news. :ilikeit:

We should have a game of squash at my place to celebrate

Two Aussie mates on a squash court..... :ilikeit:

Tot later!

Manny

Great stuff Marius, hope to do the same in the next 18 months. Our visa paths are the same but my business travelling days are over, thankfully, so hopefully the citizenship path will be quicker.Just need to tie up all the loose ends in RSA.

Hi Marius

Congratulations!! That's wonderful news. :ilikeit:

Tania

Baie geluk Marius - ek is vreeslik jaloers! Ons is nou al 7 maande in Aus (Adelaide) en dit lyk nie of ons hier gaan bly om Burgerskap te kry nie, want manlief wil terug RSA toe. Dit was my droom om dit vir ons kinders te kon doen, maar nou ja. Sug!

Geniet jou nuwe tuisland!!

Baie geluk Marius! 'n Groot aansporing vir ons almal! Hoop om ook in 'n paar jaar se tyd so 'n post te kan maak!

Archived