Seaford Rise

K-Vdm

I know it's around 31km and +- 40min's from the city

But any thoughts on the area?

Seems to be a popular area - check out poms in Adelaide it comes up quite regularly there.

Hi

Yes I have been looking there and it seems that someone has a rental coming up in June and one can secure from here..

Want to check it out 300% prior to making any commitments :rolleyes:

Seaford is down the south coast of Adelaide, as you say, about 30 to 40 mins drive from the city.

It's a great suburb, especially if you like the coast cos you can walk on the beach in the early morning or late in the evening for exercise.

It's completely safe to do so.

I go to a Christian Men's Group once a fortnight and have a mate who has got into walking on the beach there in the early morning. He reckons the hardest part is getting his walking shoes on in the morning, but once that's done it's easy to do rest . . . . . a 30 minute walk for exercise. Good on him!

Hi there,

Seaford is a good suburb.

It's about 5 km down the road from where I stay in Port Noarlunga. The rail extension is underway at the moment and this will mean that Seaford is served by a rail link when it's completed.

Port Noarlunga is a great suburb as well. It has stunning beaches (cleanest beach in Oz award in 2010), shops, transport, schools...everything!

On the realestate web site they have suburb satisfaction ratings and Port Noarlunga has a rating of 94% .....the 4th best in Adelaide!

the link is: http://localvoices.realestate.com.au/south_australia/port_noarlunga/review?pid=streetadvisorsubrev

Tamara

I know it's around 31km and +- 40min's from the city

But any thoughts on the area?

My reply to this type of question is always the same. I recommend to come over, stay in cheap accommodation for the first few days ( caravan park, Motel etc ) and then drive through the areas yourself to get a feel for what they are like. Once you have done so, target a specific area and look for a place in there. Each person and their circumstances are different, each person has different criteria, value systems, finances and idea of what is a good area. I have in the past seen where people were discouraged form what is considered " less desirable " area but settled there none the less due to cost or because they actually liked it. I'm talking about South Africans and a few of these families are still very happily living in this areas. So, I guess each person best can decide what is ok or not for them.

You can get a rough idea before hand, but nothing beats seeing the place first hand and see if that fits into your frame of expectations.

Archived