The Mupersans...

MrsMupersan

Some of you may remember us... but for those who don't, we left Cape Town in Feb 2008 (on a 457 in audio visual industry) and landed for our first action-packed year in Sydney. We lived in absolute bliss on the Northern beaches there. Then it was up to Brisbane for the same sponsor with promises of a sponsored PR visa at the end of our 2nd year with them. The short, unemotional version is that they renaged on their promise and we found a new sponsor here in Canberra. We arrived here in November 2010 and need to be with the new sponsor for 12 months before they sponsor the PR application. They're such a great company to work for and we've got such a good team down here in Canberra.

And Canberra? Wow! ...um... I mean... yeah... it's okay. It's a place to live... it'll do. VERY boring actually...

LOL! That's generally what you're supposed to tell outsiders about Canberra so the secret doesn't get out that it's one of the most AWESOME places to live!!!

Hi,

I remember you...welcome back...glad things worked out with the PR and you are enjoying Canberra...hope you stick around the forum..

Cheers, Jill

LOL! That's generally what you're supposed to tell outsiders about Canberra so the secret doesn't get out that it's one of the most AWESOME places to live!!!

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Welcome to Canberra ....you are right AWESOME!!

Cramer Likes Your Post

Hey Cramer,

How are your wife and kids settling in? Didn't they fly out on the 28th?

Hope all is working out well for you.

T

Hellooo Rupermans! :ilikeit:

Welcome back!

Hey Cramer,

How are your wife and kids settling in? Didn't they fly out on the 28th?

Hope all is working out well for you.

T

I Dont want to Hijack The Mupersans post but :offtopic: yes the family did land 28 March and we had an emotional re-union. All is working out and falling into place. We are moving into a house on 15 April, our container which landed in Sydney on 1 April will hopefully be cleared through customs.

Life in Canberra is GOOD! Really GOOD!

Hey guys, welcome back :ilikeit:, looking forward to your posts - you really have a way with words.

Mupersans, I'm glad to hear that others have the same uphill battle ! Glad you are enjoying Canberra !

Welcome to the best kept secret in Australia!!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome in Canberra

I agree that this is the best kept secret in Australia - the only thing that I would like to change just a little bit is the winter - I am not a winters person so hopefully our third winter will be better than the past 2.

Please contact us if you need any advice or assistance. (spokiesv@yahoo.com)

Once again welcome

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome all! It's good to be back on the forum - although I don't get to visit as often as I'd like these days.

A quick update.... was looking online and have discovered that we can actually apply now for the RSMS (subclass 857) visa. The company is over the moon to be able to get the ball rolling sooner rather than later as hubby needs to get a minimum of restricted clearance for some of the jobs he works on. Ideally they want him to have top secret clearance, but that he can only when we become citizens. So at the moment it's quite a rigmoral to get him onto sites. So because there's no actual qualification for the stuff he does, we're going to apply for 'exceptional circumstances' for his experience/skills. Would love to hear if anyone else has gone this route, but will post something under the relevent section.

First things first though.... SA police clearance.... *sigh* Gotta first get fingerprints done - not an easy task here. The first available appointment I could get at either Woden or Civic was for 23 May!! In the meantime, I'm trying to get it done in Queanbeyan - I got told to call in and if they don't have anyone in custody (what are the chances in Queanbeyan??!!!) and if there's someone available, they'll do it for us. We work near the airport, so it's close enough just to pop thru there if conditions are right. :) Hold thumbs!

Archived