Act Ss

Orion25

Hi There,

We put in our app for SS in January, however we didn't submit everything till 25 February as Agent suggested extra doc's for safety sake. :ilikeit:

So we have been waiting 27 days and they say about 60 days so we are almost half way there. We keep checking on the ACT website and they are only on apps submitted

17 January 2011. :blink:

I know we need to be patient but it is killing me, so I was wondering does my misery have company? :blush:

Hope to be in ACT soon. :unsure:

T

No misery here for ACT but for VIC that took their sweet time (21 weeks) to reject us :thumbdown: Luckily we decided not to wait for them!

I'm counting the days with you T!

A

Our SS application for ACT is going to be winging its way to australia tomorrow hopefully.

Only at the beginning of this journey but it is exciting that we can finally send it as we were

waiting for ACS.

Keglin

HI Keglin,

I am holding thumbs for you and Apollo as we are all in the same boat. I will definately post as sson as we have ours so that you can see the approx timeline.

T

Thanks T, hopefully yours will be winging its way back to you shortly.

Keep me posted.

Keglin

Hi T

They have enough staff so they are processing applications within that 60 Day time frame. Due to a huge influx of apps ours took 120+ Days. So hang in there yours will be with you very soon.

Wade

Sjoe Wade,

That sounds great currently we are on day 34 of waiting, so lets see. :huh:

T

Not sure I can live with a 120 day turnaround time, especially as the DIAC rules will change shortly.I am hoping ACT also need to fill their quota asap before end June, that may get this fast tracked.

My agent has asked us to remain positive - So I am trying to hold my sanity.

Let's keep this thread active so we can at least see who is in company with us!!

Cheers

Apollo

Not sure I can live with a 120 day turnaround time, especially as the DIAC rules will change shortly.I am hoping ACT also need to fill their quota asap before end June, that may get this fast tracked.

My agent has asked us to remain positive - So I am trying to hold my sanity.

Let's keep this thread active so we can at least see who is in company with us!!

Cheers

Apollo

You wont, ours was in the period of all the changes.

Thanks Cramer!

Just wondering if there has been any progress for the ACT Wannabee's?

I checked the ACT website and it still reflects 17th Jan as the processing date but I was hoping someone had more insight or has recently had approval and can enlighten us on current processing times!

I see DIAC has been a little quieter in the last few weeks, not sure if it's Easter break or they are slowing down for the June / July changes.

Any thoughts?????

Apollo

Hi Apollo,

Not too sure about ACT or DIAC, but we are on day 37 of our 60 day wait and our agent has instructed us to get all our stuff sorted for visa app, as he is execting news from ACT soon, so believe me as soon as I know so will EVERYBODY else.

I know how you feel though, this wait is tortureous.

T

Thinking of you and holding thumbs that ACT processes SS apps quickly...

Hi Apollo,

Not too sure about ACT or DIAC, but we are on day 37 of our 60 day wait and our agent has instructed us to get all our stuff sorted for visa app, as he is execting news from ACT soon, so believe me as soon as I know so will EVERYBODY else.

T

Holding Thumbs T

Wade

You nearly there T ......

I keep checking to see if you have the thumbs up yet.

Keglin

Hi Apollo,

T

HI Keglin,

Thanks for the support, I just wish we could at least hear something form them, the silence and the waiting is soo frusterating, but I have to trust and believe all we go well with the app.

I promise to let you know when we hear ANYTHING :unsure:

How far are you guys now?

T

Hi T,

We are only on day 7 of our wait and had a small set back as our commitment statement was too long (around 8500 characters)

so we had to shorten it to under 7000 characters. At least it is being processed though. Holding thumbs that

we get it sorted before July.

Keglin

Hey Keglin

Seems we are in the same boat and watching Orion with hawk eyes!

Do you have a reference number yet?

We are also concerned about the July changes. Has your agent given any info re the new points system? Not sure what Industry or Skills you are applying under.

Apollo

Hey there,

This is the message I got from our Agent this morning.

"I spoke to xxxxxx the other day and she said they are falling a bit behind on their state sponsorship processing. Currently they are up to 1 Feb. As your was receipted on 25th Feb I think we can still expect a few weeks wait" :angry:

So at least we know they are past the 17th Jan mark as the website says, but still a long way off our app, it has been 8 weeks this Friday (tomorrow), so as you can see we still have a "few weeks" ahead of us to wait some more. :thumbdown:

In the meantime we are sorting all the doc's for our Visa app, so when something does happen we can lodge immediately.

Well that's all folks. :whome:

T

Hey there,

This is the message I got from our Agent this morning.

"I spoke to xxxxxx the other day and she said they are falling a bit behind on their state sponsorship processing. Currently they are up to 1 Feb. As your was receipted on 25th Feb I think we can still expect a few weeks wait" :angry:

So at least we know they are past the 17th Jan mark as the website says, but still a long way off our app, it has been 8 weeks this Friday (tomorrow), so as you can see we still have a "few weeks" ahead of us to wait some more. :thumbdown:

In the meantime we are sorting all the doc's for our Visa app, so when something does happen we can lodge immediately.

Well that's all folks. :whome:

T

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

At least you are a SAHM now :ilikeit:

A

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

At least you are a SAHM now :ilikeit:

A

Yip that is a good thing AAAZR, however now it just makes more time for me to check my already 100 time checked e-mail daily to 100 times more. :blush:

But yes it also gives me the time now to sort all the infor required for the VISA app. :ilikeit:

So yes being a SAHM is VERY exciting, but I am going to have to train myself to stay away from the computer as I think I am slightly addicted. :whome:

T

Hi Apollo,

Yip it does seem we are in the same boat. We don't yet have a reference number yet. When do you get that?

We only have an email from them saying they have our documents.....

When did you apply for SS?

We are applying on our own so don't have an agent to point us in the right direction. We did consider it but it is a lot of money! Hope we are doing the right thing.

Got a silly question for you. You said that Orion was SAHM. What is that?

Anyway holding thumbs for all of us.

Keglin

Hey Keglin

Seems we are in the same boat and watching Orion with hawk eyes!

Do you have a reference number yet?

We are also concerned about the July changes. Has your agent given any info re the new points system? Not sure what Industry or Skills you are applying under.

Apollo

Hi Keglin,

SAHM=Stay at home mom :). also known as one very lucky lady!! ;)

A

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Just an update we are now on day 56 of our wait for our ACT SS, and as yet have no news to share except that the ACT website shows they are now processing 17Feb Apps and our is 25th Feb, so hopefully we will hear some news soon. :blush:

T

Hey T

We think of you every day and pray for a successful outcome!!

I am sure it is imminent, hang in there.....

The shoe will soon be on the other foot and you will probably be consoling me :lol:

My BFF submitted their PC (last of the docs needed) yesterday to their CO...will keep you all updated...we all very excited, so much so that we even considering Canberra :) we very close to them (Godparents to our child, studied with me etc) and cant wait to have them in OZ!

Archived