Marshmallow Easter Eggs

Leon

This might be old news, but just notices over the weekend that BIG W is selling those delicious Beacon marshmallow Easter eggs. In the past they were only available from the South African shops.

This might be old news, but just notices over the weekend that BIG W is selling those delicious Beacon marshmallow Easter eggs. In the past they were only available from the South African shops.

I am only interested if it is the ones with the yellow yolk inside, there are "fakes" that dont have the yellow bit.

I am only interested if it is the ones with the yellow yolk inside, there are "fakes" that dont have the yellow bit.

The ones I got from Big W were marshmallow bunnies with strawberry marshmellow, IMO they are better than the RSA ones, the ones we got on RSA were small annd got smaller each year and started tasting less and less like they should. Love the ones from Big W!!!

This.

And...

the ones we got on RSA were small annd got smaller each year

This. Or was it like all things we had as kids, they got smaller as we grew up (bigger hands), but really just stayed the same size? :P

No, I agree, they did keep shrinking them. They sold "48" in a box... didn't matter what size they were...you still got "48"...

-G

So are they Beacon ones or not.?

So are they Beacon ones or not.?

I have not seen the ones you are talking about, the Beacon ones I got at Big W were strawberry Marshmallow bunnies, did not see any others but will look when I go in tomorrow.

The ones I got from Big W were marshmallow bunnies with strawberry marshmellow, IMO they are better than the RSA ones, the ones we got on RSA were small annd got smaller each year and started tasting less and less like they should. Love the ones from Big W!!!

Glad I am not the only one who thought that the flavour and size had changed of the beacon marshmallow eggs. I always used to peel the layers one at a time, but they are just too small now to do that. I still cannot resist buying them when I see them, but am disappointed when I eat them.

I always used to peel the layers one at a time

Had to laugh... I still do that with each & every egg! My hubby thinks I'm daft.

Takes me about 10 mins to eat an egg "properly" :blush:

Glad I am not the only one who thought that the flavour and size had changed of the beacon marshmallow eggs. I always used to peel the layers one at a time, but they are just too small now to do that. I still cannot resist buying them when I see them, but am disappointed when I eat them.

I eat them the same way and am also disappointed in them when I buy them, think I will give them a skip this year. The ones from NZ are better anyway

Slightly off topic.....

I wonder if those real looking, white easter eggs you get in RSA is a home grown invention, as I have never seen them in any other country. We get it here at the RSA shop and last year I went after Easter, and they had boxes of them that had been dropped, so they sold them off cheaply. :ilikeit:

I went to BIG W today and they do indeed have the Beacon boxes of marshmallow eggs for those who want any

"I went to BIG W today and they do indeed have the Beacon boxes of marshmallow eggs for those who want any"

Thats what I said to start off with!

"I went to BIG W today and they do indeed have the Beacon boxes of marshmallow eggs for those who want any"

Thats what I said to start off with!

When I went on saturday they did not have any..... now they do. They only had the strawberry marshmallow bunnies before. Gosh I thought I was being helpful, I can now see why people do stop posting after being here awhile....

And now that you have shared that exciting news with us there wont be any again :lol: they will all have been bought out. I got onto my friends in Perth to let them know the good news and they were going to make a special trip there to get some.

The eggs are definately not as good as they used to be - I find the marshmallow is very sugary and grainy but I still cant resist them so will have to get my friend to keep me a box.

Does anyone know if it is only the Big W in Perth that is stocking them or are they in Big W in other cities?

When I went on saturday they did not have any..... now they do. They only had the strawberry marshmallow bunnies before. Gosh I thought I was being helpful, I can now see why people do stop posting after being here awhile....

You were being helpful. And I don't think the other poster is upset with you.

We're all just Beacon marshy addicts and we need our fix... :unsure:

So when there's a bit of confusion thrown in, people go a little :wacko:

:)

-G

Not upset at all, just found it very funny (entertaining) that after I said I saw it there a whole expedition followed on whether it was actually Beacon eggs or not.

The Big W I bought mine is the one at Karrinyup (north of the river) have no idea if it is available anywhere else but I would expect it would as I don't think Big W will only be selling this in one store? Probably a Saffer working for them driving this.

The problem is if you start eating them you can't stop. To much sugar.

:offtopic: The problem with forums is that one cannot guess what the tone of reply implied by simple looking at the text the person typed. I myself am guilty of this and have assumed incorrectly on ocassion. For this reason there are things called emoticons which can help with expressing the tone.

For example:

read the following reply

Thats what I said to start off with! :angry:

versus

Thats what I said to start off with! ;)

versus

Thats what I said to start off with! :P

Now for :cry: out loud, use the :censored: emoticons so that we dont :boxing: with each other, otherwise someone's feelings are going to get :stretcher:. Now kiss and :hug: and lets move on. :grads:

Now for :cry: out loud, use the :censored: emoticons so that we dont :boxing: with each other, otherwise someone's feelings are going to get :stretcher:. Now kiss and :hug: and lets move on. :grads:

Haha, classic!! Love that and agreed.

Thank goodness I'm going to South Africa for Easter.

I can eat and eat and eat the Marshmallow eggs till I pop, cause they're the best!!

Wooohoooooooooo!!!!

Just ordered 6 x trays of Beacon hard white easter eggs online (SATOOZ), have not told my girls . . . they love the white eggs so will be over the moon when this delivery arrives :ilikeit:

There has been some reports :ilikeit: from even North and FAR North Queensland the the Beacon Easter Egg Bunny have dropped of a few boxes at the Big W :D

I bought a box in Airlie Beach Big W the other day, needless to say.... it didn't last long :whome:

We went to BIG W yesterday, they are the same price as what Osborne Park SA shop ask, and they have the 48 box to for $18.

Hi All

I am in Mackay......and YES!!!BIG W has the Beacon eggs with the yolk.......YUM!!!!

I bought a little box of 6 white, candy eggs at Springbok Delights this morning. They were $10 for the box, but I could not resist the trip down memory lane.

Archived