Wa Tree Climbing Championship

Enrica

Event details

More than 30 climbers will scale massive Tuart, Marri and Karri trees in Kings Park’s Botanic Garden on April 30 and May 1 in the annual Western Australian Tree Climbing Championships.

Climbers will be pushed to their limits as they ascend as high as 35 metres and across tree branches in the battle to represent Western Australia in the National Championships, and possibly Australia in the World Championships in Paramatta in mid 2011.

Each competitor will take part in five events, including a simulated aerial rescue, that test different climbing disciplines, with significant emphasis placed on ascension speed, technical climbing skills, planning and safety.

Preliminary events will be held on Saturday April 30 from 8am – 4pm while on Sunday May 1 entertainment will commence from 8am with the finals starting at 1pm.

The WA Tree Climbing Championships is expected to attract professional climbers from across Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific region. Spectators are encouraged to come and cheer on the climbers. This is a family friendly smoke free event.

I am SO in the right country, a tree climbing competition! Where have you been all my life? Too bad I am pregnant and way over in Sydney, turning all colours of jealous.

Archived