Immigration Help

Christine Sutherland

Hi Nelda and other friends

This forum was recommended as a great way to reconnect with old friends and to make new ones and now that I've joined I can see why.

I've been based in Perth since 1988 and now live in a beautiful suburb just North of the city, about 5 minutes from great beaches. As a keen tennis player I have to say it's a great lifestyle, especially now that the children have all grown up and moved into their own homes!

We love to travel, though we've only been back to SA once, in 1996 I think it was for an international rugby meet when John was playing Golden Oldies with the Shamboks. Those were the days :-) Any guys on here from the 'Boks'?

Would love to make some good connections.

Christine

Hi Christine,

Don't you just love how well organised the tennis clubs are? I left SA in 97' and lived in France for 10 years before moving here, and even the french clubs do not come close. Never played so much tennis in my life. Love the fixtures! Wish you were close... will be nice to have another Saffer on my team here in Brisbane :)

Hello Nane

Yes, the tennis is fantastic. Plenty of people to hit with midweek, singles or doubles, and of course Saturday social and Thursday twilight (in summer) are terrific. And the pennants comps are so lively. Tennis heaven :-) I believe it's not so easy for tennis players in NSW, South Australia and Victoria, but evidently in WA and Qld we have it all :-)

We have so many expats here in the Northern suburbs of Perth that it often sounds like SA instead of Australia. Maybe you settled in the wrong State? :-)

Enjoy!

Christine

Hi Christine,

Don't you just love how well organised the tennis clubs are? I left SA in 97' and lived in France for 10 years before moving here, and even the french clubs do not come close. Never played so much tennis in my life. Love the fixtures! Wish you were close... will be nice to have another Saffer on my team here in Brisbane :)

Archived