Summer In Brisbane

Michele R

Hi!

I was wondering what summer is like in Brisbane. Here in Perth it's absolutely scorching. Is the humidity really bad or is it liveable? What do you do to beat the heat? :)

We've only had 1 week of it, but our method of survival: aircon, ceiling fans, cold drinks and, for me at least, short hair LOL

Hubby has been there now for about 3 weeks - was quite afraid of the humidity - but he says it is alot like Durban weather - he says it is quite comfortable, but an aircon is a must have!!

B)

We lived in Durban, moved to Brisbane and now live in Perth. Honestly, Perth is a 'baby' compared to the humidity in Brisbane. In my eyes, worse than Durbs!

I think Brisbane humidity is worse than Durban and Mauritius and both are very humid. Thank goodness for aircon!

Hmmm, so the question is, humidity or blistering heat?

We already live behind closed doors here as it's too hot to open the house up during the day, I can't keep living like that. I think I'll take my chances with the humidity, at least plants seem to grow in Brissies! :)

Hmmm, so the question is, humidity or blistering heat?

We already live behind closed doors here as it's too hot to open the house up during the day, I can't keep living like that. I think I'll take my chances with the humidity, at least plants seem to grow in Brissies! :)

I love Perth's weather more .... maybe it's just me, but after living in Durbs for 5 years and 1.5 years in Brissie - the humidity got to me .... it's too much, always sticky and sweaty BUT the winter is beautiful! We struggled with our first winter in Perth .... hopefully this one will be better! :ilikeit:

Archived