Management, Admin, Prof & Assoc Prof occupations Assessment

Dedrei

I hope somebody could assist me. My world came crashing down this week when we received my partner's Vetsassess result as negative.

$ 350 Aus down the tubes! Re-assessment going to cost another $200 Aus!

I am the primary applicant and was accepted by Vetassess for my qualification - 3 year Dip in Hotel Management. 40 Points.

He applied to have his 3 year diploma assessed, but it would seem that they would only accept a Degree level for a Graphic Designer. We would need the extra 5 points to take our 176 (Family Sponsor) visa application to 100 points. He has 10 years experience in his field as a senior Art Director for a national publication, but know that Vetassess is not interested in experience, only the qualification.

What are we to do?

1. Send in our 176 application (Family Sponsor), claim the extra 5 points and motivate his experience without a Vetassess assessment?

2. Send in our 176 application (Family Sponsor), with only my qualification, with 95 points - and hope for the best?

3. Send in our 176 application (Family Sponsor), apply for recognition from his original study institution (Cape Tech) for a Btech (4 year qualification) and re-apply to Vetassess and later (year later) add it to our 176 visa application?

What do we do, I so wanted to send in our application this month?

AV&RM