Accountants assessments

Dedrei

Gail: That will depend entirely upon the subjects you did for you degree. For the accounting accreditation they only look at your degree, not your experience. So, if you've got all those subjects that they require for a positive Accounting assessment you should be OK.

Does anyone have a list (or web link) of the subjects required to get a positive assessment for the Accountant NOC?

I am doing the Canadian CMA (certified management accountant) course at the moment, which has a reciprocal agreement with CPA Australia, i.e. one can use the CPA designation. That said, I'm not sure if all my subjects would be sufficient for assessment as accountant instead of financial manager. As we all know, the fact that accountant is on the MODL means extra points (which I will need).

Edited by Jules

Ek is ook SAIPA en NIA is dieselfde. Dit werk anders hierso in Aus. Privaat mpye word nie geoudit soos in SA nie. So hulle het nie eintlik 'n vlak soos SAIPA hierso nodig soos wat ons dit nodig het in SA vir CC's nie. Ek werk by internasionale firma en doen exactly wat ek in SA gedoen het, state & tax. Daar is baie werk in public practice.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I posted my skills assessment on 26-Jul-08 to the NIA, received my positve assessment back today.

They said it should take about 8weeks, not the new Fast Track option, and it took 9 weeks....so 8weeks is a close enough estimate.

Nice......

• 1 month later...

Hi

We waited 8 weeks for the NIA to inform us that my hubby's BCom (Accounts) is a subject short - not even sure which subject yet. Our Migration Agent will now send the degree for assessment to the CPA.

Anyone out there had any joy going the CPA route?

Regards

BevF

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone

I really need your help.

I want to apply for my qualification to be assessed by the NIA. I have completed my B.Com Financial Management Degree, but my current occupation is Assistant Accountant. I do have 9/12 of the core knowlegde areas.

Now, on page 3, I need to nominate one occupation for migration purposes. Do I select Accountant or Financial Manager? The ASCO code for Accountant and Financial Manager is the same.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Carien :rolleyes:

It does not really matter but if I remember correctly though financial manager is not on the MODL list but accountant is (extra 15 points). The skill sets are more or less the same. I would go for accountant.

Edited by GTrotter