Tiger Airways

WaltAM

We are wanting to go to Sydney (from Brisbane) for the Easter weekend and, thus far, the best prices we have come across are on Tiger Airways. Have you used them? And if so, please provide feedback (have read mixed reviews on the internet).

Well Tiger flies with new aircrafts, is a low cost airline and will almost always beat any other quote. They have a lot of additional extras like food on the plane but be careful when doing an on-line booking for all the extras that are selected by default and you need to deselect it like extra baggage, check-in service etc. As long a you're wakey when doing the booking all will be fine. You can't go wrong with a short flight like yours.

Another thing, make sure you are not late for their check in time. I think they have a check in time 45 mins prior to departure and if you are even 30 seconds late for that you will not be permitted to fly and will have to re book the flight with no refund. It has happened to me and the staff couldn't care less..........having said all of the above I am flying with them over Easter from Melbourne to Cairns, just not going to be late!

The aeroplanes are fine, the service on board is good, and they will be the cheapest.

There are a few caveats:

1. The original departure time of the flight may change - sometimes by a few hours, sometimes only by a few minutes.

2. They are notorious for being late. If you have a tight itinerary, and need to be at your destination by a specific time, you may want to consider another airline.

3. You must do a web check in or you'll be charged extra

4. Choosing where you want to sit costs extra

5. Check-in luggage costs extra.

Used them on Friday to fly from Adelaide to Melbourne (to watch the Sharks play the Rebels at AAMI Park on Friday night), and apart from an hours delay leaving Adelaide, they were fine.

Regards,

Scott

We are wanting to go to Sydney (from Brisbane) for the Easter weekend and, thus far, the best prices we have come across are on Tiger Airways. Have you used them? And if so, please provide feedback (have read mixed reviews on the internet).

Thanks for all the feedback and tips...I will be booking our tickets with them. :) Gonna cost me $350 for 4 of us from BNE to SYD for the Easter weekend. So some more spending money!!! :ilikeit:

Archived