1997 Ford Taurus With 200K On The Clock

Mara

I am trading my car in, in the next week. They have offered me $2500 for the vehicle. It is in good condition. Has all the bells and whistles, climate control, speed cruise, 6-stack cd player, automatic, a V6=24valve engine, pretty responsive. This is an old car, well looked after, but old. I just thought it may help someone out there over the next hurdle. Sold without any guarantees, as is.

There's and old saying that goes something like:

post-13243-0-69499000-1300185490.gif

I'm curious to see it... :holy:

Well I did not want to clutter the place with pictures if no one was interested. I do not have any, so it will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon for me to take some.

The problem is, I am taking delivery of my new car by the latest Monday.

Thank you, the Taurus went to it's new owner yesterday, that is why I did not post any pictures.

Happy Motoring Mara!

Thanks Hansa. I know I will enjoy it, was great fun yesterday to walk into the Dealership and drive away with a 'new' car! First time I have done that in about 25 years! It is my birthday present from hubby.

Thanks Hansa. I know I will enjoy it, was great fun yesterday to walk into the Dealership and drive away with a 'new' car! First time I have done that in about 25 years! It is my birthday present from hubby.

Happy Birthday indeed!

We only just recently bought our first brand new car. It's an awesome feeling, but I stress so much about damaging it, it almost ruins the joy I experience when driving it. :lol:

For interest sake (and if you don't mind me asking) what did you buy?

It was a toss up between the Toyota Camry Hybrid and the Grande. I know they are nothing to go lala about, but I am an old lady, so I just wanted something reliable. I would have probably bought the Hybrid, except for the non existent boot space. So I ended up buying the Grande instead, I love all the bells and whistles! Nothing flash to look at, but I am pretty happy with my choice. I think hubby would have preferred the Ford Falcon G6E Anniversary edition, that I first looked at, but with the price of petrol, I decided I could quite easily live with a 2,4 litre engine instead of a 4 litre. In any case, hubby drives a Falcon Ute, so if he needs speed, he can drive that. On a daily basis I drive a Holden Crewman ute (company vehicle) so for the most part the Camry will be just sleeping in the garage. Hubby is teasing me that I will take it out on a Saturday to have it washed and drive it to church on a Sunday!

It was a toss up between the Toyota Camry Hybrid and the Grande. I know they are nothing to go lala about, but I am an old lady, so I just wanted something reliable. I would have probably bought the Hybrid, except for the non existent boot space. So I ended up buying the Grande instead, I love all the bells and whistles! Nothing flash to look at, but I am pretty happy with my choice.

Nothing wrong with a Camry! They got a bit boring for a few years, but I quite like the new models. If we didn't need an SUV type, I would probably have ended up with one - that or a Hyundai I45...

Archived