Good Salary In Perth

washburn

Hi everyone

I am currently busy with my application to move to Perth. I am a junior quantity surveyor and was wondering what a reasonable salary would be for me. On the web I see that for my experiance the salary is between $30 000 and $40 000 P.A. I am single will this be enough to cover all expenses for one person?

In order to prevent abuse of immigrants there are minimum salary scales that companies are permitted to pay. It differs for each visa/profession but I think it is in the region of $48000/yr. Have a look on the immi site for the exact figures. As a single person you will be able to survive on the min salary.

You will survive but you will have to be very very careful with your money, bear in mind you wont get a rental for under $350pw and that is if you are very very lucky!!

Edited by candivw

Sorry to contradict you Candice, but for a single person, I think one would easily be able to rent something for under $350.

Sorry to contradict you Candice, but for a single person, I think one would easily be able to rent something for under $350.

Good to know as we could not find anything for under $350 for ourselves. What areas can you get something at this price? Even the small units here in Ellenbrook go for $350 pw...

I have to agree with SueB. Plenty of accommodation to rent for under $350 - try Gumtree, rentals to share

or www.shareaccommodation.org - you can get a shared house/flat accom for under 200 bucks a week. Or a one

bedroom flat for about the same. Coming over by oneself, does has it pro's!

Good luck!

E

In order to prevent abuse of immigrants there are minimum salary scales that companies are permitted to pay. It differs for each visa/profession but I think it is in the region of $48000/yr. Have a look on the immi site for the exact figures. As a single person you will be able to survive on the min salary.

This would only apply to 457 type visa's not visa's that give PR right away I would have thought. 457 type visa's have those salary requirements for 2 reasons to my mind.

1 to ensure migrants are not exploited

2 to ensure Australian salaries are not undercut

There are plenty of Australians that would apply for the roles you have quoted at those salaries, that's presumably how they got the survey results.

Well they survive, so I guess it's a case of if you're happy with the lifestyle those type of people have?

Edited by 14 years out of rsa

• 6 years later...
On 11 March 2011 at 4:00 PM, washburn said:

Hi everyone

I am currently busy with my application to move to Perth. I am a junior quantity surveyor and was wondering what a reasonable salary would be for me. On the web I see that for my experiance the salary is between $30 000 and $40 000 P.A. I am single will this be enough to cover all expenses for one person?

Hi Washburn

I know this is an old post but I was just curious to find out what was your outcome? i'm in the same boat as you were back then. i've also applied for the Visa 189 and it will still take another 6 months or so before it is approved. but i would like to gather as much information as I can. i'm also a Quantity Surveyor with 3 years experience. what would you rate is a good salary for a QS with 3 years experience?

I look forward hearing from you