Boston Terrier Puppies

Heymanse

We would like to purchase a Boston Terrier puppy. If you know if anyone, friends, neighbours or someone in the community that breeds with them, please let me know.

Hi, have a look at this page My link

Thanks for the link. I've been on this site before, but unfortunately, these breeders are extremely expensive (up to $3000 for a puppy) and have waiting lists of more than 12 months. I was hoping that a private seller would sell them for cheaper. I'm even willing to get on a plane and fly to wherever the puppy is if someone can verify that the pups actually exist and that it is not a scam.

Thanks for the help Mara. Been on this site before as well and unfortunately, just dealt with a someone this morning running a scam. The pups they advertise as part of a Valentine's Gift from Bathurst is not from Bathurst but they are apparently based in QLD. They even sent me the cutest pics of the dogs as well as two video clips. It is absolutely disgusting how people can do that. I got all excited over the possibility of getting the pup until I realised that they were just another scam. I am now really careful in dealing with anyone advertising on these websites. Even Gumtree is apparently full of these scams.

Thanks for the help Mara. Been on this site before as well and unfortunately, just dealt with a someone this morning running a scam. The pups they advertise as part of a Valentine's Gift from Bathurst is not from Bathurst but they are apparently based in QLD. They even sent me the cutest pics of the dogs as well as two video clips. It is absolutely disgusting how people can do that. I got all excited over the possibility of getting the pup until I realised that they were just another scam. I am now really careful in dealing with anyone advertising on these websites. Even Gumtree is apparently full of these scams.

Article about scams involving dogs...this actually a South African scamming Australians

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/SA-man-in-Aus-dog-scam-20100811

There is also a warning add on simpletrade.com's website saying you should not deal with anyone coming from Africa. There goes our reputation.

The only other advice I can give is to make contact with the kennel union, and ask or get advice from them about a breeder. This could be expensive, but the only alternative is to go to a more popular breed or, of course, give a home to a rescue dog.

We would like to purchase a Boston Terrier puppy. If you know if anyone, friends, neighbours or someone in the community that breeds with them, please let me know.

They have some advertised on the GOld COast for $350 - I have sent them an email to see if they are still available and where they are on the GOld COast - if they email me back - do you want me to go and see them and see if they are legitimate???? I am on the Gold Coast so I dont mind...

Heather

They have some advertised on the GOld COast for $350 - I have sent them an email to see if they are still available and where they are on the GOld COast - if they email me back - do you want me to go and see them and see if they are legitimate???? I am on the Gold Coast so I dont mind...

Heather

Sorry to say that for $350 you will be using a backyard breeder or worse still a puppy mill. Registered dogs are expensive in this country but you only get what you pay for!! Bear in mind if you go to a backyard/puppy mill dogs are bred willy nilly with no concern for health or genetic problems!!

Hi !

Have a look at this one in NSW :

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/puppies/boston-terrier.asp

This one in Melbourne I send a message, I have friends in melbourne that can check them out for you :

http://www.simpletrade.com.au/pets/dogs/breeds/boston-terrier/FOR-SALE/VIC/boston-puppies/800249245

This one in Adelaide, I have send a message, I can check them out for you :

http://www.simpletrade.com.au/pets/dogs/breeds/boston-terrier/FOR-SALE/SA/black-brndlle-white-boston-terriers/800222895

If they are gone, you might be able to reserve one from the next litter !

I don't agree with Candi, sure I know puppy mills exist and a lot of bad things happen to animals, but do keep looking.

I have a Miniature Pinscher male and female that I bought of breeders, because they were not 'show quality'. The female have a cowlick (kroontjie - unruly patch of hair on the back of her neck) I love them to bits, they are spoilt rotten, but I did not have them spayed. Now if she falls pregnant, I get 2 or 3 beautiful puppies, that I can sell at affordable prices to people who loves pets, but just can't afford it at $3000 a go ! Id love to help families that move to Australia and had to leave their beloved family pets behind, having a lovable puppy again. But I'm no puppy mill and no backyard breeder !

Groete

Cristel

We had miniature pinshers as well, 2 females and a male so we had 2 litters a year. Unfortunately, our maid left the gate open one day and Oortjies decided there must be more on earth than just these 2 females. Needless to say, we never found him. He was such a beautiful dog that I'm sure someone fell in love with him and kept him.

To come back to the Boston's, I would appreciate it if you could check out the puppies for me. I'm sure you'll be able to make a decision when you see the owners, whether it is a good buy or whether the people are dodgy dealers. Be careful though of the simpletrade website. The same add will appear and dissappear at random and the same photo will be used for different adds. It is a really dodgy site and I am no longer even searching for puppies there. The same people that emailed me yesterday to say they are in far north QLD showed up in Sydney the one minute, then Brisbane the next and then in Bathurst. All in a matter of less than 5 minutes.

Hi !

Have a look at this one in NSW :

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/puppies/boston-terrier.asp

This one in Melbourne I send a message, I have friends in melbourne that can check them out for you :

http://www.simpletrade.com.au/pets/dogs/breeds/boston-terrier/FOR-SALE/VIC/boston-puppies/800249245

This one in Adelaide, I have send a message, I can check them out for you :

http://www.simpletrade.com.au/pets/dogs/breeds/boston-terrier/FOR-SALE/SA/black-brndlle-white-boston-terriers/800222895

If they are gone, you might be able to reserve one from the next litter !

I don't agree with Candi, sure I know puppy mills exist and a lot of bad things happen to animals, but do keep looking.

I have a Miniature Pinscher male and female that I bought of breeders, because they were not 'show quality'. The female have a cowlick (kroontjie - unruly patch of hair on the back of her neck) I love them to bits, they are spoilt rotten, but I did not have them spayed. Now if she falls pregnant, I get 2 or 3 beautiful puppies, that I can sell at affordable prices to people who loves pets, but just can't afford it at $3000 a go ! Id love to help families that move to Australia and had to leave their beloved family pets behind, having a lovable puppy again. But I'm no puppy mill and no backyard breeder !

Groete

Cristel

I strongly disagree, leaving breeding to professional breeders please guys! My dog is not show quality, I got him from a registered breeder but on a limited register as you are not allowed to breed labs who have not had hip scores or eye tests done. Sure he may seem fine/healthy etc but who knows what lurkes in the genes and comes out in the next litter of pups!

I strongly disagree, leaving breeding to professional breeders please guys! My dog is not show quality, I got him from a registered breeder but on a limited register as you are not allowed to breed labs who have not had hip scores or eye tests done. Sure he may seem fine/healthy etc but who knows what lurkes in the genes and comes out in the next litter of pups!

Yep !!!!! I have had up to 28 rescue cats .. spay and neuter is the way to go !

Im already checking out boxer breeders .. my two old souls wont pass the geriatrics :( expensive but a well bred dog is SA isnt cheap either !

I agree with you 100%. My dad is a dog breeder and recently imported 2 dogs from Germany. Unfortunately we know all to well from other irresponsible "breeders" what the result can be from improper breeding. The one dog had a definite mental disorder but the breeder kept on breeding with her until she ATE her next litter. Was the dog euthenized..NO..did they stop breeding with her...NO. My point is just, not all breeders are responsible and if you buy a dog and do not know the ins and outs of breeding rather don't attempt it and just enjoy the dog as a family companion. Its a tedious process of researching bloodlines and bringing the right combination of dogs together to make the breed even better and breeding-in certain good qualities. A while ago breeding on all Golden retrievers were prohibited for a period in S.A because irresponsible breeders kept on using the one male with different bitches and actually ended up breeding aggression into them. Imagine a golden retriever aggressive...it can be done.

I'm by no means saying every one is out trying to "pollute" breeds but merely stating the point that it is a responsibility not to be taken lightly!

Interesting articles on improper breeding:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Improper-Dog-Breeding---Do-Not-Buy-Or-Adopt-a-Dog-Before-Reading&id=1354215

http://www.professorshouse.com/Pets/Dogs/Reproduction/Articles/Becoming-a-Dog-Breeder/

A

Archived