Moving To Adelaide

Neila

Hi all,

We are contemplating the move to Adelaide, have family there and no dates yet... 2 year timeframe more or less. not really in a huge hurry.

Researching it all at the moment, looking at the hills.

Just saying hi.

Me

Hi there!

Welcome! We are also hopefully moving to Adelaide this year still! Our application is with a Case Officer and we are hoping to have a visa grant soon..

Good luck with the process!

Hi! So we're all still in SA!

Our application for state sponsorship was lodged last Friday... Now starts the waiting process! We hope it might be before the end of the year. I have no idea how long state sponsorship takes, but it moves us up from a category 4 to 2!!!

Neila, where are you in SA? I have someone who's really quick with the unabridged certificates which normally take ages for home affairs... Let me know if you need any of this guys info. He is in Pretoria, as are we.

Good luck. It may take more than 2 years, so I'd suggest you make the decision final and start your preparation ASAP! We are now at around 2 and a half years, BUT then, the recession had so much negative effects on our application! It seems to be getting better though!

Cheers

Conrad

Hi! So we're all still in SA!

Our application for state sponsorship was lodged last Friday... Now starts the waiting process! We hope it might be before the end of the year. I have no idea how long state sponsorship takes, but it moves us up from a category 4 to 2!!!

Neila, where are you in SA? I have someone who's really quick with the unabridged certificates which normally take ages for home affairs... Let me know if you need any of this guys info. He is in Pretoria, as are we.

Good luck. It may take more than 2 years, so I'd suggest you make the decision final and start your preparation ASAP! We are now at around 2 and a half years, BUT then, the recession had so much negative effects on our application! It seems to be getting better though!

Cheers

Conrad

Hi, jip only starting the process, had a HSMP visa for the UK, so most of the certificates are done already, we are in Centurion.

Thanks everyone for the help.

The resseion was the reason we never started the UK visa.

Luckily in no real hurry, cannot sell a house easily anymore...

Good luck.

Hi Neila.

Have you checked out the website on this forum for living in Adelaide and "lifestyle in the Adelaide Hills"?

I hat to say it, mate, but once you get Australia under your skin by researching, it begins to look better and better.

Wishing you luck.

Hi Neila!

Welcome and good luck with everything!! :ilikeit:

Thank you,

We are more sure every day, and working on it.

Thanks for the nice comments

Neila

Archived