It All Started Way Back When

Kobus du Toit

It is 2009 October. All documents ready and on their way to the agent. I received a reply from The Australian Computer Society around February. I thought I was in, because the results from ACS where very good, but wait ....

When we wanted to submit my application the codes change. You wouldn't believe it, from all the codes that we could have picked, we picked the wrong code. My code wasn't accepted by any state. I had to go for state sponsorship, because under the new rules permanent residencywithout sponsorship could take up to three. I wasn't going to give up and I wasn't going to wait three years.

I decided since I have everything that I possibly need and New Zealand still accepted my code I will try NZ. I have friends in both countries so I don't really mind where I go. I started the New Zealand process without an agent this time. Everything seemed perfect. We where selected from the pool. We where going to New Zealand!!! I received a mail. Guess what? 16 years work experience in programming, diploma, partner with masters degree and 4 years web design experience isn't good enough. I needed a degree. I wasn't going to give up.

Back to Australia

Now I need to get sponsorship. I have to get a new code. Guess what? I can't get sponsorship, because I don't have a degree and IT sponsorship is filled up in all the states that actually have work

I gave up, for now. I started my degree. I started management courses. I started certifications. I was going to go to Australia, eventually.

Months later my work collegue pissed off his placement company, he already had his 457, and they phoned me asking me if I wanted a job in Brisbane. Ofcourse I jumped at the oppertunity. This is where we are today.

I submitted all my documentation for the 457 visa. I am a bit worried about de-facto, because of what I read on forums all over the net. I submitted everything I possibly could; letter from bank stating we have a joint account, bills at the same address, filled in Australian form about our relationship, photos together, my diploma, her master's degree, my CV, my certifications, our birth certificates, our police certificates, our TB free x-rays and inbox screenshots from both of us from first day we met years ago until now. It has been more than two weeks so far and still no case worker on our visa.

So I am waiting. Logging into the website three times a day in the hopes of getting a case worker, in the hopes of getting a visa

I am a bit worried about de-facto, because of what I read on forums all over the net.

There was a (non-married) couple here on this forum that were together for, hmm, 3 years I think, I'm sure they could offer assistance. I'll direct the dude to your thread.

-G

It is 2009 October. All documents ready and on their way to the agent. I received a reply from The Australian Computer Society around February. I thought I was in, because the results from ACS where very good, but wait ....

When we wanted to submit my application the codes change. You wouldn't believe it, from all the codes that we could have picked, we picked the wrong code. My code wasn't accepted by any state. I had to go for state sponsorship, because under the new rules permanent residencywithout sponsorship could take up to three. I wasn't going to give up and I wasn't going to wait three years.

I decided since I have everything that I possibly need and New Zealand still accepted my code I will try NZ. I have friends in both countries so I don't really mind where I go. I started the New Zealand process without an agent this time. Everything seemed perfect. We where selected from the pool. We where going to New Zealand!!! I received a mail. Guess what? 16 years work experience in programming, diploma, partner with masters degree and 4 years web design experience isn't good enough. I needed a degree. I wasn't going to give up.

Back to Australia

Now I need to get sponsorship. I have to get a new code. Guess what? I can't get sponsorship, because I don't have a degree and IT sponsorship is filled up in all the states that actually have work

I gave up, for now. I started my degree. I started management courses. I started certifications. I was going to go to Australia, eventually.

Months later my work collegue pissed off his placement company, he already had his 457, and they phoned me asking me if I wanted a job in Brisbane. Ofcourse I jumped at the oppertunity. This is where we are today.

I submitted all my documentation for the 457 visa. I am a bit worried about de-facto, because of what I read on forums all over the net. I submitted everything I possibly could; letter from bank stating we have a joint account, bills at the same address, filled in Australian form about our relationship, photos together, my diploma, her master's degree, my CV, my certifications, our birth certificates, our police certificates, our TB free x-rays and inbox screenshots from both of us from first day we met years ago until now. It has been more than two weeks so far and still no case worker on our visa.

So I am waiting. Logging into the website three times a day in the hopes of getting a case worker, in the hopes of getting a visa

Hi Kobus,

Sjoe what a long story but a great read, I truly hope all will work out for you and I'm sure hope you get that visa soon. You surely deserve it.

Holding thumbs and crossing toes too. :huh:

T

WOW!! You really have come a long way...

Where in Brisbane are you going to work? Do you have kids?

GOOD LUCK with everything - keep on posting - you can get loads of advice and support here :ilikeit:

As you are journaling I think you forgot to be a bit more factual especially as you bring up your colleague.

In fact, your colleague, my husband, was kind enough to give you the direct contact details of the account manager at your new company, as he knew of your misfortune in trying to get a visa.

My husband had the offer and visa, he did not "piss off the company" and they really wanted him to start but at the end of the day my husband turned down the offer. Its not that "you got his position because he pissed off the company" as seems to be implied. I will not further elaborate on that, as between us we know the facts.

Anyway good luck.

There was a (non-married) couple here on this forum that were together for, hmm, 3 years I think, I'm sure they could offer assistance. I'll direct the dude to your thread.

-G

I think Garrick is referring to me :) I came here on a Defacto a few months ago, but strangely enough it feels like another lifetime. Happy to help with any questions, just drop me a mail. But it seems you've done most of the things required for a proof of defacto. I also added in copies of our passports of the trips I had taken my partner on, as it showed international travel together and some photo's. But if they need this, they will ask for it, I doubt it would be a reason to decline.

the 457 should be a "shoe in" as you are already wanted for a job there. Looks like you have unresolved issues with your friend who recommended you though. Good luck!

Back to Australia

Hey mate it really is easy with de facto no worries in Oz.Your de facto has a masters? why not apply on your partners skills?

• 5 months later...

Sjoe heavy stuff this... all I took away was the issue surrounding the colleague.

Good luck to all parties concerned.

Archived