Public Transport

Meintjies

Was just wondering how good the public transport really is in Canberra.... Just the thought of using public transport in Joburg is a bit hair raising!

We are planning on buying a car when we get there, but will we be able to get along without one for a while?

Any ideas or suggestions ?

We are a "one car family" in Canberra. I would say compared to SA the public transport is very good. In Canberra that amounts to bus transport. I take the bus to work regularly and the kids takes the bus to school. The busses are on time and they are more regular during peak hours and on major routs. That said, I do however think it will be difficult to get along without a car at all. In the beginning you will need to have your own transpart, perhaps hire a car, to go house hunting. During weekends and off peak hours the busses are less frequent and depending on timing and where you want to go it can take up to two hours or longer to get to your destination.

We are a "one car family" in Canberra. I would say compared to SA the public transport is very good. In Canberra that amounts to bus transport. I take the bus to work regularly and the kids takes the bus to school. The busses are on time and they are more regular during peak hours and on major routs. That said, I do however think it will be difficult to get along without a car at all. In the beginning you will need to have your own transpart, perhaps hire a car, to go house hunting. During weekends and off peak hours the busses are less frequent and depending on timing and where you want to go it can take up to two hours or longer to get to your destination.

Yip this is the same for us ... one family car and I bus it everywhere.....

Archived