Melbourne Ladies Morning Tea : Saturday 26th March 2011 @ 11am Till Whatever!

Mara

I thought it was about time that we arranged another ladies morning tea, if anyone is interested?

We have had a good time at the previous ones that we had.

Let hubby mind the kids and mums have a nice day off, good company, lovely eats and meeting new friends.

All ladies are welcome, east, west, north and south!

Let me know if you are interested, it will be at my home in Sunbury.

Let me be the first to put my hand up ;) I vote for saturday...reason being that eventhough Im a heathen lots of the ladies this side do the church thing on sundays ..just s suggestion..

I will attend on either days ;0

I will confirm later as I have a few friends this side who need a much needed break from kids and kie ...

so do we each bring a plate????

Im sommer excited now :ilikeit:

Hi Elleneo

I am happy, that you are happy, that we are happy...you see, now I am getting carried away...or is it just old age that makes me stammer...mmmm...will have to think about that one.

Your suggestion for the Saturday is accepted, I agree, it is the better day. So...Saturday the 19th March 2011 it is.

You know, I had not given the food side much thought yet, but yes, if we each bring a plate then it is not so much for one person to do, so I will say thank you. Perhaps I could make a light lunch...then we do not just eat sweet things! Also, perhaps an idea if you bring with whatever you like to drink, if it is not tea or coffee. I have no problem with the ladies having wine, please just ensure that you have a designated driver.

So, in view of me offering lunch, I would appreciate it if when you accept the invitation, you list anything that you do not or cannot eat.

Right, roll up ladies, Elleneo and I am excited, we cannot be the only two that wish to party!

Would have loved to send my wife over. But we would probably be house hunting during that weekend as it would be the first weekend in Melbourne, just after we have visited the schools and decided on where to stay and I start work the following week.

Hi Oryx, now just imagine if you decide on Sunbury, then you can kill two birds with one stone.

If you are here on the Friday, then I can take you around and show you the homes for rent in Sunbury...See, anything is possible. Here is something to look at: http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/property-house-with-3-bedrooms-between-200-350-in-sunbury%3b+/list-1?preferredState=vic

Bump, bump, just want to keep this in full sight!

Hi Mara, unfortunately once again the date is not good for me. I really would have loved to attend a Forum meeting for a change and have a nice kuier with you girls. There is a South African picnic somewhere in the East that is organised by friends of ours and those were the people that supported and attended the picnic that I organized in December when the response from forum members was basically zero. I have also forwarded invitations to all the South Africans on my address list a while ago. Anyway, hope you have a wonderful time and I hope that next time I will be able to attend.

Hi Tilla, thanks for reminding me...as I had forgotten about that. In order to not clash with anyone elses arrangements, and so that you can attend this time, I will change the date to a week later, will now make it for Saturday the 26th March 2011 at 11am.

OK, here starts our list of attendees

Mara (obviously, as it is in my home)

Elleneo

Andrea

Linda

Greer

Come on ladies, if it is only the five of us we will feel very lonely and probably drink and eat way too much!

Come on ladies, we have had a lot of fun at previous ladies teas, please make an effort to attend. Don't worry about it being your first time and not knowing anyone, we are all happy to make you feel welcome. You will not be left out to sit alone and be a wallflower!

Hi Oryx, now just imagine if you decide on Sunbury, then you can kill two birds with one stone.

If you are here on the Friday, then I can take you around and show you the homes for rent in Sunbury...See, anything is possible. Here is something to look at: http://www.realestate.com.au/rent/property-house-with-3-bedrooms-between-200-350-in-sunbury%3b+/list-1?preferredState=vic

The accommodation certainly looks a lot more affordable than down in Brighton!

LOL, sheesh, anything would be cheaper than Brighton...after all together with Toorak, they are probably the two most expensive suburbs in Melbourne!

I have often suggested Sunbury to folks, but then the other people tell how good their suburbs are and who in their right mind would want to live in the north west! Well that is fine, keeps our little secret safe! Sunbury has a pretty village like atmosphere and honestly everything you need for everyday living is right there on your doorstep. Better still we have no parking meters, and at least there are a few hills, with views. Best of all is, we are surrounded by vineyards, so wine tasting is a great pass time.

Mara you had me all stressed up! I had a Fifth Avenue Collection jewellery show scheduled for the 26th which was already postponed once, but I managed to move it on with one week because I would have felt terrible that you moved the date just for my sake and still not being able to attend. So you can count me in. Will probably bring someone so that I don't have to drive on my own - don't know who yet, will give you the name later on.

Hi Tilla, I love it when blackmail works!

Sorry, could not resist that. It would have been fine, BUT we are happy that you will be joining us. Yes, if you let me know, then I will add the names of your fellow passenger/s.

Latest tally listing:

Elleneo

Andrea

Linda

Greer

Tilla

Update:

Elleneo

Andrea

Linda

Greer

Tilla

Fenella (will confirm)

Denise (will confirm)

Bumpity Bump!

Latest list:

Elleneo

Andrea

Linda

Greer

Tilla

Cornelia

Fenella (will confirm)

Denise (will confirm)

Nanette (will confirm)

Latest list:

Elleneo

Andrea

Linda

Greer

Tilla

Cornelia

Anncilla

Fenella (will confirm)

Denise (will confirm)

Nanette (will confirm)

Bumpity Bump!

Latest list:

Elleneo

Andrea

Linda

Greer

Tilla

Cornelia

Anncilla

Nanette

Fenella (will confirm)

Denise (will confirm)

Well ladies, this is happening in around 12 days time, you are welcome to attend, please just let me know.

Latest list:

Elleneo

Andrea

Linda

Greer

Tilla

Cornelia

Anncilla

Nanette

Elleneo and Tilla, you had both indicated that you may be bringing friends with. If you are, could you please let me know how many so that we can make the lunch arrangements. Thank you. If there is anyone else that still wishes to attend, you are welcome.

Righto, Elleneo has said that Yvonne will accompany her, so Yvonne is now added to the list.

Latest list:

Elleneo

Yvonne

Andrea

Linda

Greer

Tilla

Cornelia

Anncilla

Nanette

Latest list:

Elleneo

Yvonne

Andrea

Linda

Greer

Tilla

Cornelia

Aletta

Anncilla

Nanette

Anybody else?

Hi Mara, looks like the two ladies I mailed is interested and I asked them to RSVP urgently. Will follow up, hope it's not too late...

Archived