Hows This For Ironic?

tyde

Question

Hello guys,

Well, I have been in Perth for about 6 weeks now. I love it, I am feeling really settled and things are great!

Yesterday I am at the gym and as I walk out I see 8 policeman running around like crazy, taking statements etc and I walk into the creche to pick up little one only to find that there has been a hold up in the creche and an attempted robbery of the cash register! My word! I was gob smacked! I seriously feel really safe here, it is kind of surreal - I survived SA relatively crime free and 6 weeks here my child is involved in a hold up! I mean seriously! I know crime is everywhere and it was probably the only crime in Perth for the day but hello, felt like I was living in a parallel universe for a second there. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

Do I still feel safe, yes, it was handled really well by the police.

11 answers to this question

Hi Tyde,

Glad all is well and that no "harm" was done. As yousaid the police there really seem to be on the ball, which is much more than what can be said for this side of the world.

Sorry you had to experience this anywhere in the world.

T

you know why they say the SA police are always first on the scene....? :)

is it 'cos on the day they finally arrive - no one else is there ! :lol:

Its why crime was reduced during the world cup - the police were removed from their normal hunting grounds and working away at the stadia - less police = less crime.

Glad it was OK Tyde and your little one was OK

sadly there a few bad apples in SAPS involved in organised crime, 1 warrant officer killed, another officer wounded and arrested on Tuesday as part of a gang trying to rob a cash in transit vehicle. Its pathetic!

Sorry to hear this but at least no one was hurt :) They probably caught the culprit though.

Some more "good" news on our police services:

The Tshwane Metro (Pretoria for me) admitted this week that it had more than 100 (yes 100!) metro police members who had criminal records!

Certainly, in South Africa, crime pays!

Hi Tyde, I can't believe your bad luck in experiencing this type of crime six weeks into your new life in Aust. I have lived in WA for 50 years and have never got close to that sort of crime. Thank good ness no one was hurt and your child was unharmed. Definately agree that it is an ironic situation. Well there is a saying in Aust for some one in your situation "that you should go and buy your self a lotto ticket" and see if some luck can come your way. Best wishes to you & your family for the future.

AUS = Criminals commit the crime & police get into action swiftly and profesionally with a conviction rate of allmost 100%

RSA = Criminals are the police & those police officers who really want to help cant get to the scene as the corrupt cops have the police vans using it to transport the stolen goods.

I believe that there are many Saffers who believe that there is no crime in AUS. Crime is everywhere and sometimes things like this happen for a reason we dont allways know why but it does. I am sure that the person that held up the place did not have the first thought in mind to shoot who ever they can as here in good old Iraq I mean RSA. Experiance has shown me that one of the major differances between crime around the world and crime in RSA is the violance factor. For the life of me I dont understand why South african criminals have to try kill us while robbing us.

regards

Danie

Because you cant tell the difference between the Cops and the Robbers....

Well, I had my handbag stolen from the dining table in my house in Perth ( I don't think I locked the sliding door :blush-anim-cl:)

I felt very angry, but I didn't feel scared............ maybe that is the difference.

I wasn't terrified they would come back and kill us for our possessions etc............. however I know that is not the same as your experience.

Archived