To All The Moms In Oz

4Coetzees

With the last 5 weeks ahead before our departure to down under, I want to know about Kids clothing.

My daughter is 5 and son is 10.

Should I stock up from Woolies, Edgars, Ackermans, Mr Price or will the Ozzie shops be a nice surprise full of cool kids clothing?

Like hubby says "Oz does have shops - I am sure the kids are not running around naked".

Some advise please... :rolleyes:

yes yes yes and 1000x YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

(That's yes to buy stuff in Woolies/Edgars, etc in SA, stuff is so cheap there compare to here)

I have come back from a visit in SAwith a small suitcase with lots of new clothes for my little one

YES!!!! Especially winter clothes!! Canberra is COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stock up on those woolies vest, jeans, long sleeved tops, clothes that layer well, coats etc I still think that Woolies is great quality and comparable quality here is very expensive. I bought my son a fantastic coat last year in Canberra on sale, I think I paid around $60. I bought it 2 sizes too big, but now we are in Perth doubt there will be much need for it here

Candice

Hi Elaine...Things must be hectic for you now that the time is closer....I also had the same question about clothes.

We are going to South Australia,my friend has sent me links on a few stuff and prices,dont know if it would help you or

anyone on the forum,but worth a try. <_<

http://target.dynamiccatalogue.com.au/portal/dynamiccatalogue?CatalogueID=12972277994027&pageview=two

http://www.kmart.com.au/Catalogue/Catalogue.aspx?CatalogueID=372

We bought a Ben 10 T shirt at target - $30. We saw the exact same shirt at Ackermans - R39.

So yes...stock up on everything from pajamas to jumpers to takkies - just buy sizes to big so that they fir in 12 months time.

I suppose when you arrive, the clothes will seem expensive because you will be converting.... and even after that you will never be able to compare, things are just different. So yeah stock up on some items, like warm stuff and for men’s woollies smart stuff, especially work pants and shirts….

There are always lots of specials and when you get here you will be SOOOO surprised about all the sales that are ALWAYS on …. Your natural instincts are going to be to buy even though you are converting …. You will think, “no never, buy one get one free, that’s cheap” …..etc and also just because it is new and hey when you see some of the choice …. oh and Canberra does have a choice of stores …. You just not going to be able to resist.

Target and K-Mart’s quality is not really up to scratch …. The equivalent to Mr Price …. Myer and David Jones…. Like Woolies and Edgars.

I woul buy some kids clothes at Ackermans. I was surprised at their good quality. Remember, here people would not be able to tell if your kid is wearing Naartjie or Ackermans. Only your wallet will know. So, if you have space, buy clothes, if not dont. Its not worth paying over weight.

Archived