Info Needed

Cramer

I will be arriving alone in Canberra on 28 Feb. The family are only coming over on 27 March. So I dont need a big place to stay until I secure a rental.

Just some advice from Canberrans on these 2 Places.

http://www.victorlodge.com.au/

http://www.northbournelodge.com.au/

Thanks

Wade

Min Dae, Wade

You must be sooo excited and soooo nervous all at the same time. :ilikeit::ilikeit:

Don't forget to post once you land so we can see your first impressions of our new homeland when you arrive.

Good luck and praying for you and your family.

T

Min Dae, Wade

You must be sooo excited and soooo nervous all at the same time. :ilikeit::ilikeit:

Don't forget to post once you land so we can see your first impressions of our new homeland when you arrive.

Good luck and praying for you and your family.

T

For Sure!

Wade, I stayed in Victor Lodge when I did my LSD. I was very impressed with them.

Pro's - your room is extremely neat and clean, newly furnished, no cockroaches, very comfortable (albeit a little small), double bed for the single room I had, so that was nice. Breakfast included. Very central, just south of Lake Burley Griffin. I loved the old feeling with all the trees etc. Very quiet, I seldom heard anyone else. people are very respectful of your privacy. Owner / Manager very very friendly and helpful. room has aircon.

Cons - the bathroom was something else. the shower door did not close properly so if I didnt want anyone staring at me I had to support the door with one hand and try to do everything else with the other hand. Not sure if all bathrooms had the same issue, probably not and probably fixed by now. Sharing a bathroom with other people is not up everyone's alley, although I never had to wait in any sort of queue.

Breakfast is only continental, you get some cereal, some yogurt and some fruit, with coffee or juice. no bacon and eggs, which I guess wont bother you too much?

All in all, i would stay there anytime, i loved every second of it. there is no TV in your room, there is however a TV room, that you obviously have to share, and as far as i could see, they dont have "cable" only a few channels.

all the best!

Thanks Y

Its just for a short while, so it sounds quite good

Wade

Archived