Adelaide Get-Together 20 March 2011

cristel

Hi there !

I would like to have a nice bring & braai with all the old SAners in Adelaide, as well as the New Arrivals !

Im stuck on the Burnside Swimming pool, as its just sooo good on a warm summer day, there is gas BBQ's next to the kids wading pool, and shade EVERYWHERE.

BUT : I am making this open for discussion. Lets talk about it ?

Cristel

Mob : 043 110 5352

The 20th would turn out to be a Sunday.

Sounds good.

Do you need a Weber barbie with wood to burn that day (if there's not a total fire ban on for some reason) to be brought along?

Hi Bob

Yes, 20th is a Sunday, but if people rather want to meet Saturday 19th, thats fine too ! If it is at the Burnside pool, we wont need a barbie, as they have the gas ones, but if we have it another park, I'd really appreciate it if you could bring yours again ?

I should've started a poll to ask saturday or sunday ! Now I cant figure out how to add it.

Come on people, lets get together !

I will let you know closer to the time if we will attend. We should be back in Adelaide by then. If we're not too busy unpacking we'd like to attend. It will be good to catch up with new and old faces from Adelaide.

Looks like its us, Bob & Ginnie and maybe Navigator :whome:

Why don't you guys also advertise it on the South Africans in Adelaide facebook group? I think most people haven't seen your post yet. Good luck, I hope it's fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to join! And Burnside very convenient for us. Don't mind Saturday or Sunday but busy with cricket matches on a Saturday morning until about 11h30....

Thats great news Numbawun ! Will make it Saturday afternoon or sunday, depending on what people say, closer to the time.

Just arrived in Adelaide, wife to follow later. Wld be good to meet some people.

Hi Etienne

You are very welcome ! Looking forward to meeting you, let me know anytime if you need advice or help finding things !

Cristel

mob : 0431105352

Hi Bob & Ginnie, Navigator, Numbawun & Etienne

Right, the Bring & Braai is on for Sunday 20 March from 12.00pm at the Burnside Swimmingpool. Will have my old SA flag there so you know who we are.

Now, we need a Plan B, if it rains - can you make any suggestions ? Somewhere kids can play around and we can maybe have a cuppa ?

Who else wants to join us ?

Regards

Cristel

Hi Cristel,

Alistair and I are also keen to come! Do you have the address for Burnside swimming pool?

Take care

Dalene

It is on the corner of Greenhill rd and Howard terrace

I'll be very glad to see you all there !!

There is BBQ's right next to the pool, or there is a little cafteria if you just wanna buy something.

entrance is less than $5 per person.

For more info have a look at :

http://www.burnside.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=1100

lovies

Cristel

Hey Cristel the weather looks a bit iffy today are we still having the get together at the Burnside swimming pool or is there another location arranged in case it rains?

Uhm, i agree, the weather is not being nice ! I cant think where else to have it, any suggestions ??

We can still go to the pool, we can sit inside there is plastic tables and chairs, and buy coffee from the cafeteria - just seems a waste of money to pay entrance if no one will be swimming ! LOL

How about we go to Wacky Warehouse ? 162 Gorge Road, Newton

It's a play cafe for the kids, have a look : http://www.wackywarehouse.com.au/

Yes, ok, lets go to wacky warehouse ! see you there after 1 ? Then we can have lunch at home and let the kiddies have fun

Hi everyone ! We had to cancel this get together due to unpleasant weather, and Wacky Warehouse couldn't accommodate all of us.

Very sorry, we will have to try again !

Regards

Cristel

Met Darren Lange at Burnside Village on Sunday morning and he suggested that we meet them at the RSA do at the Park at Burnside swimming pool. Popped in at about 12:30pm and only numbawun/Cheryl and her family were there :whome:

Started raining so we spent the afternoon with nunbawun/Cheryl, Darren and the rest of the "Brady Bunch" at their home in Linden Park :ilikeit::blink:

Lekker bly!

Hi !

Well I'm very glad you guys got to get together ! I contacted everone that had sent me their numbers to advise change of venue, Sorry Numbawun ! Turned out the Plan B couldnt accommodate us either, so we went home 'droe-bek'.

C.

Hi !

Well I'm very glad you guys got to get together !

I contacted everyone that had sent me their numbers to advise change of venue, Sorry Numbawun !

Turned out the Plan B couldn't accommodate us either, so we went home 'droe-bek'. :cry:

C.

No worries Cristel - ended up having a lekker kuier with the Tavarases! Thanks Manny and Lee!

We'll have to arrange another date...

Archived