Employment references

Dedrei

Times like these that I can pull all my hair out. So frustrating. :thumbdown:

Tomorrow will be D-day, we will be sending hubby's TRA app in FINALLY!!

BUT,

We got all his employment letters when we were still in SA. And now that I am going through the last things I realise the small technicalities that are missing from some of his letters. :ilikeit:

Like the one forgot to mention he was full time/permanent. The other didn't have his job title perse but talks about him as tradesman and work as mechanic at other subsidiary and listing of all the tools and machinery he has used. IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE!!

But will just have to send this thing in and see what happens, don't know if DIAC will approve if we send it with our visa app later? Just want to get this TRA thing off my back. Been too long!

So my question is, how nitty gritty are they about these references? Will they fail you cause your letter doesn't specify you were full time, but you work 40 hour week monday to friday?

Cheers

Hi Dedrei

When you are already working here in oz they are not so strict.they take it your husband are already working here so he can do the job.

regards,christelle

Will they fail you cause your letter doesn't specify you were full time, but you work 40 hour week monday to friday?

DIAC would use the employer references (amongst other uses) to determine whether the applicant satisfies the basic requirement of "Recent work experience". Here the differentiation in terms of full time vs part time is of vital importance.

TRA, on the other hand, may use the employer references for some other purposes that I am not familiar with.

But will just have to send this thing in and see what happens, don't know if DIAC will approve if we send it with our visa app later?

DIAC is quite strict when it comes to employment letters. If your case officer is not satisfied that with your letter(s), he/she will request for more information which inevitably means you're looking at slight delays at best.

Of course, there'll be the added inconvenience of having to go back to your referees for updated letters.

Peter