Medical Tests Cost SA

Hi misi

If I recall correctly the 136 Medical cost us +-1700 for the three of us 2 Adults and one child of under 3. Its was about 700 per adult and 300 for our daughter.

This included:

1) Medical Check

2) Chest Xray

3) Blood Work

4) Courier Charges

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rudi

Hi misi

If I recall correctly the 136 Medical cost us +-1700 for the three of us 2 Adults and one child of under 3. Its was about 700 per adult and 300 for our daughter.

This included:

1) Medical Check

2) Chest Xray

3) Blood Work

4) Courier Charges

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rudi

Thank you so much. What is inluded on the medical checks if i may ask.

Hi misi

The medical check is the same as when you go for life insurance:

All For:

Blood Pressure

Listen to your lungs

Check you throat and ears

Check reflexes on you legs

Urine sample

For Ladies only:

Breast Examination

and that is that, it takes about 5min per person and then you are out of there. The paper work takes longer to complete than the examination it self.

Cheers

Rudi

Hi

We did our meds a few weeks ago, unfortunately I do not remember the costs, but will check my paperwork. I think the medical was R360 ea, plus the blood tests and X Rays, courier fee was R440. I'll clarify later.

The medical is rudimentary at best, you can download the form 26 and check through it to get an idea of what it entails. You'll chat a bit - they need to check that you're not mentally handicapped - then height and weight measurements are recorded, urine is checked for blood and sugar, your eyes, ears and throat are checked (you need to read an eye chart) they check your chest, reflexes, skin (for needle marks) and testes or breasts. Depending on your answers to the questions in the first section of the form or any abnormalities the doctor finds she may request additional tests.

As Rudi said, the form filling (and waiting) takes about five times as long as the actual exam.

Later, C'Lou

Howzit

Medicals (Doing ours 14th Feb at Grand Central)

Medical R290 / adult and R230 / child

Blood test R117 / person, adults only.

Courier fee for all R350

Xrays (Fourways)

R250 pp above 11 yrs only

R350 courier

Cheers

Tj

That is what you call fraud Karla if the Dr that claims it as an annual exam gets caught he can get into trouble with the Health Professions Council of South Africa but hey, it is South Africa if you can get away with it I suppose it is one of those things. I know of Dr’s in SA that gets away with much more then just that!

If caught out he will also be scraped from DIC’S list of migration Dr’s

Has anyone been able to claim this from their medical aid? It can pass as an annual medical exam, or would the medical aid know better?

JohanK your concern is valid. However, the service provider is responsible to put the appropriate code on the bill. I merely submitted the X-ray and blood test accounts to my medical aid and got reimbursed.

Quite correct JJV our blood tests and a certain part of the X-Rays did get paid but whatever amount the service provider charges more then NRPL (National Reference Price List) or more then what the medical fund is willing to pay for the specific X-Ray and film the patient will have to pay that part of the bill.

So guys your medical aid will not pay for the medicals and may pay some part of your X-Ray bill it all depends on how much the provider charges you and how much your fund is willing to pay.

Most of the time the Pathology labs don’t charge more then the recommended price but it is not the case with some of the Radiology practices, ours charged me R 350.00 more then the NRPL rate and I unfortunately had to pay that! :whome: