Warragul/Drouin and surrounds South Africans

NotLookingBack

The Warragul “South African Club†was launched last week with an entry into the Baw Baw Shire Directory. So to celebrate, we are having our first “official†function.

When: 26th February 2011

Where: Civic Park, Warragul – BBQ (Braai!) Area

Time: 5pm onwards

Bring: Your own food, drinks, chairs, picnic rugs, kids and any other South Africans who might like to join us!!!

(Organised by Lynn Jones, Warragul)

• 3 weeks later...

We land on wednesday in Melbourne,we stay with friends in Watirna.We will not have anything yet(no eats exc.)

If we can,will it be possible to join you gathering.

We are from George.

Friendly regards

Henriette Ley

We land on wednesday in Melbourne,we stay with friends in Watirna.We will not have anything yet(no eats exc.)

If we can,will it be possible to join you gathering.

We are from George.

Friendly regards

Henriette Ley

Hi Henriette,

I am not sure where Watirna is? Warragul is about an hour and 15 minutes South East of Melbourne on the Princes (Monash) freeway. To get to the Civic Park, you take the first Warragul turnoff on the freeway, carry on until you get to the first roundabout in town, take the first exit (i.e. turn left) into Smith Street, keep to your right (the road splits almost immediately, take the right hand side to stay in Smith Street), carry on until you get to the Albert Street roundabout (the 2nd one), take the 3rd exit (turn right into Albert Street), and the park entrance is the first entrance to your left.

You are more than welcome to join us on Saturday afternoon/evening! Please send me a PM to confirm whether you guys will be coming, and how many you are. I will then pack extra plates and eating utensils etc for your family. There is a Woolworths in Warragul, easy to pop in there and buy a roast chicken, salad, drinks, some buns, etc. We are most probably going to do the same :). Woolworths is on your left just before you get to the Albert Street roundabout. (Just look out for the parking area on your left, right by the petrol garage.)

Will be nice to meet you guys, and introduce you to some friends.

Yolande

Would of loved to of joined, especially as you guys are not that far from us BUT going to have to skip on this one, sorry

Archived