Introducing myself

Tracey Walker

Hi All, just heard this morning that our Visa's have been approved. We are a family of four, two children a girl aged 11 and a boy aged 9, hubby and myself. Hubby will be setting off for Sydney first, we will join him in June. Any advice on rentals, Catholic schools etc will be great. Look forward to starting our new life in Australia! :ilikeit:

Welcome Tracey to the forum and HUGE CONGRATS on your visa grant

Can't give any Sydney related advice but i can wish you and your family all the best with your move

Welcome from another Port Elizabethan in Sydney!!

Hi Sanzoz, good old P.E. I was back home over December and still love the laid back atmosphere of P.E., where about are you from in P.E. I grew up in Walmer Heights, went to Pearson High. All my family are still in P.E. So nice to connect with people from the windy city :ilikeit:

Wow congratulations and welcome to the board.

Lots of exciting adventures to look forward too.

Keglin

Hi All, just heard this morning that our Visa's have been approved. We are a family of four, two children a girl aged 11 and a boy aged 9, hubby and myself. Hubby will be setting off for Sydney first, we will join him in June. Any advice on rentals, Catholic schools etc will be great. Look forward to starting our new life in Australia! :ilikeit:

Hi Sanzoz, good old P.E. I was back home over December and still love the laid back atmosphere of P.E., where about are you from in P.E. I grew up in Walmer Heights, went to Pearson High. All my family are still in P.E. So nice to connect with people from the windy city :blush:

I went to VP..... yeah yeah.... don't start! :)

Most of my family are in PE too. I have a school friend who now lives in Perth and lived in Ireland for 4 years before that. Were you connected to other South Africans there? I can't remember where she stayed but I think it was Dublin....

I went to VP..... yeah yeah.... don't start! :ilikeit:

Most of my family are in PE too. I have a school friend who now lives in Perth and lived in Ireland for 4 years before that. Were you connected to other South Africans there? I can't remember where she stayed but I think it was Dublin....

Ha ha i went to VP Grey! Loads of south africans in Ireland, don't know any that have gone to Perth though, had SA friends who lived in Ireland and are now in Tasmania! My husband flies out early next week... things are truly moving along now :ilikeit:

Hi Tracey,

Welcome to the forum. I live in Sydney and my girls go to a catholic school in Menai. Which area in Sydney will you be moving into?

Diveup

Hi Tracey,

Welcome to the forum. I live in Sydney and my girls go to a catholic school in Menai. Which area in Sydney will you be moving into?

Diveup

Hi Diveup, my husband will be working in Parramatta, so we are looking at Castle and Baulkham hills as potential areas to call our home! Where is Menai? excuse my ignorance! :ilikeit:

Hi there Tracey,

Gilroy College, St Bernadettes and St Agathas all have great reputations in the Hills district. Good luck with the move:-)

Hi there Tracey,

Gilroy College, St Bernadettes and St Agathas all have great reputations in the Hills district. Good luck with the move:-)

thanks Ajay will investigate!

WEll just seen my hubby off at Dublin Airport as he flies to Sydney today to start his new adventure in Sydney! We are all traumatised to see him go but know the end result will be a worth it when we join him in June

WEll just seen my hubby off at Dublin Airport as he flies to Sydney today to start his new adventure in Australia! We are all traumatised to see him go but know the end result will be a worth it when we join him in June

Archived