Passed the driver's

Spider

and this to me was the easiest stress free way to do it. my choice of course, but passed the final assessment yesterday :ilikeit:

and this to me was the easiest stress free way to do it. my choice of course, but passed the final assessment yesterday :ilikeit:

Congratulations and well done!!!! How long did it take you from start to finish using the log book method?

What is the logbook method? Please explain... hubby will have to do his licence soon so any advide appreciated!

Congrats, another one here that would like to know about this method, were can we find out more info please?

Hi there,

There are two methods for the test. Sit the test and pass out like in South Africa or...log book and pass out with a driving instructor.

The log book has all the driving skills detailed. You do some lessons with a driving instructor and he signs off the log book for hill starts, three point turns, etc etc. At the end you do an on road test with another driving instructor and the instructor passes you out!

Tamara

Congratulations and well done!!!! How long did it take you from start to finish using the log book method?

thanks everyone!

ok, google transport sa and driver license and they have both but not much info

once you write and pass learners make sure you ask for the logbook - on the permit you only to do the assessment section, nothing else in it. at first they said oh no you just need to pass an exam.....but you actually have a choice.

when you call an instructor tell him you on a section 80 permit and date by when you have to finish it and you will discuss it when you first meet. You have 30 days, which is not a problem, I did it in 3 weeks. essentially you drive and they "teach" you the technically correct way of things and as you go assess and sign off etc....

hope this makes sense? to me its better than an exam which you could fail with something stupid as they are strict - most pass, but i didnt wanna take the chance - i was going to do lessons anyway, so why not sign it off as you go?

Tamara - unless an audit, your instructor signs off your last test as well as its part of the logbook - hence why they could decide to take you on a quick 15 min drive to see you not someone who doesnt have a clue and bought it....

Great news Chands!! Will look into doing this as well once we are there.. :ilikeit:

Archived