Seriously thinking

gazzateer

Left SA in '99 and live in the UK. All was fine and well until we took a 3 week holiday to Cape Town this last xmas and new year. Only the 2nd time we've been back in 11 years. Pretty stressful start as our flight was cancelled out of Heathrow due to 3 inches of snow, pretty mad times. Beautiful weather in CT and the kids absolutely loved the outdoor life, swimming, sea, football/rugby on the beach and then back to the gloom of Blightey and the rubbish rubbish weather.

Kids were in tears, wanted to go back etc and then my cousin dropped the bombshell, said they'd sponsor our Visa (whatever that means) and to please come over, dont bother with doing the holiday fact finding mission first- just get here........................oh man, this is so so so tempting.

Hey,

I was under the impression that family sponsorship was falling away this year and that you could only sponsor direct family members i.e parents and siblings (not cousins).

I could be wrong on the above, but would be interested to now the rules relating to family sponsorship.

Regards,

Robbie

Hey,

I was under the impression that family sponsorship was falling away this year and that you could only sponsor direct family members i.e parents and siblings (not cousins).

I could be wrong on the above, but would be interested to now the rules relating to family sponsorship.

Regards,

Robbie

reading rules etc on visas is quite confusing. Wished I had saved the link where I'd read that in most major cities you cant but in certain postcodes you still can get sponsored by a first cousin (says he as he frantically Googles ). Its all really to boost the points (I think) but from what it seems that it on its own wont be good enough anyway.My wife is a registered nurse and this falls under the needed skills list (whatever its called). There is a myriad of Visa options and ideally would like to hear from persons her emmigrated to Oz as Nurses on what options are best to choose.

We are totally new to this hence joining the forum :ilikeit:

found it http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...ive-sponsor.htm

loads of opportunity for Registered nurses. I was sponsored in from South Africa and am currently working on a ward where there are a number of nurses and midwives in varying states of progress along the immigration process. I am on PR now and there are a few on the 457 long stay working visa working towards PR. What is your wife's speciality or area of experience? I'll answer questions where I can. We are based in Perth so my experience and limited knowledge is Western Australia based but will help where I can. Our kids very happy here, great outdoor lifestyle and safer than SA.

Susan

loads of opportunity for Registered nurses. I was sponsored in from South Africa and am currently working on a ward where there are a number of nurses and midwives in varying states of progress along the immigration process. I am on PR now and there are a few on the 457 long stay working visa working towards PR. What is your wife's speciality or area of experience? I'll answer questions where I can. We are based in Perth so my experience and limited knowledge is Western Australia based but will help where I can. Our kids very happy here, great outdoor lifestyle and safer than SA.

Susan

Thanks Susan

She's recently qualified as a Staff Nurse through Canterbury Christ Church University (Sept 2010) but has been in Healthcare as a HCA (Aux Nurse) with the National Health Service (NHS) since 2003 and holds quals for that too. She has had all that time in Elderly Care. She genuinely loves working with the elderly although she has had some training in Oncology and Renal units as part of her University course. She currently works in a ward for the elderly.

When you say sponsored is that employer sponsored or state sponsored? Did you get any relocation assistance?

Thanks

Gazza

Archived