Montessori Schools in Melbourne

Oryx

I am researching Montessori Schools in Melbourne and would appreciate any information/experience/suggestions.

It must be a school that caters for preschool and primary school aged kids.

Is there perhaps anybody that knows somebody with a child in a Montessori School in Melbourne? Or anybody that knows somebody that has friends (or knows somebody :-)) with kids in a Montessori School in Melbourne?

I think perhaps a Montessori education is just to alternative for most South Africans?

I can helps you regarding Montessori in Perth, sorry that I cant assist with Melbourne.

I think perhaps a Montessori education is just to alternative for most South Africans?

I can helps you regarding Montessori in Perth, sorry that I cant assist with Melbourne.

I guess :ilikeit:

Thanks!

Would also be interested to hear? Both my children attended Montessori nursery school from age 2 till school. My youngest is still in the montessori while the oldest is in a main stream school. I am expecting and would really like the baby to attend a montessori nursery school. Montessori is absolutely amazing and as a social worker i would never send my child to any other nursery school if possible.

That said there is a huge range of montessoris and you do get ones that are better then others.

Would also be interested to hear? Both my children attended Montessori nursery school from age 2 till school. My youngest is still in the montessori while the oldest is in a main stream school. I am expecting and would really like the baby to attend a montessori nursery school. Montessori is absolutely amazing and as a social worker i would never send my child to any other nursery school if possible.

That said there is a huge range of montessoris and you do get ones that are better then others.

That is absolutely true. During last year we visited various Montessori Schools in Pert and sat in for some of the classes. That is the best way to make your decision. Even when somebody refers one to a school it is still very much a personal decision.

Something interesting that I have seen is that some government schools are now starting to introduce the Montessori Methodology into their schools. This is a much cheaper option that the independent Montessori Schools, but it is so popular that it is full for years in advance! The two in Melbourne that I know of is Mitcham and Karingal.

Archived