SA products at Port Kennedy IGA

GottaGo

Just spotted at Port Kennedy IGA: Ouma Rusks, Spur Sauce, Steers Monkeygland sauce, Fanta, Nik Naks, Zoo Biscuits, Maries, Pronutro, Mrs Balls, Jungle Oats, Knorr packet sauces, Maize Meal, Braai Salt and much more....Nearly platzed with excitement!!!! Don't often go there, so only just spotted the stuff.

Cape to Cairo stocking shelves there. YAY!!!

That is good news. I am actually sick of the South African shops in Rockingham and Perth with their expired goods. Their pronutro expired in October last year and when I mention it to the shop assistant, she just shrugs her shoulders.

Oh, yes. I must remember to check that. It happened to me before too. From the shop that was at Dolphin Quay but I see it's not there now? Not THAT desperate that I'll buy expired goods either. Hope that because it's being sold in IGA that would be a minimum requirement!!

Not sure about SOR but SA products in IGAs NOR are a common sight and loving it! The IGA in Kinross now sells SA magazines as well and not to mention all the varieties of boerewors and those thin lamb saugages :-)

PS - I've been looking for canned snails for quite some time now and eventually found some at SA Heritage at Ocean Keys up in Mindarie.

PS: if you face the shop (with your back to the butcher/kiwi shop behind you)

it's the aisle that faces the fruit & veg section, cashier end of aisle more less.

Oros, tinned guavas, tennis biscuits...

I told my wife about this and now we have to go there this afternoon. :whome:

Have a browse in the seperate butcher too. I think they might have some SA stuff as well.

Our IGA in Ellenbrook has an RSA shelf too and they have loads of goodies plus they sell the best boerewors I have had in Perth so far....made by Ilonka foods, I am not a fan of the British Sausage co one at all!

Archived