Anyone in Cape Town wanting to immigrate to Australia on spousal visa

PS1969

Hi,

I want to network with anybody living in Cape Town are that have plans to apply for spousal visa to go to Australia. If you are in the process, please drop me a chat , maybe we can bounce some information off each other. Thank you.

Hi,

I want to network with anybody living in Cape Town are that have plans to apply for spousal visa to go to Australia. If you are in the process, please drop me a chat , maybe we can bounce some information off each other. Thank you.

Hi

Nice to see someone on the forum not only based in CT but applying for a spousal visa :ilikeit: , most of the post are about 457 applications and stuff.

I have Aus citizenship by decent and hoping to lodge a spousal visa application for my husband (and 3 year old son) next month, just waiting on his police clearance.

I am hoping it will be quick and easy, seeing as we have been married almost 9 years and have known each other since I was 13.

Have you submitted you application yet?

Hi

Nice to see someone on the forum not only based in CT but applying for a spousal visa :ilikeit: , most of the post are about 457 applications and stuff.

I have Aus citizenship by decent and hoping to lodge a spousal visa application for my husband (and 3 year old son) next month, just waiting on his police clearance.

I am hoping it will be quick and easy, seeing as we have been married almost 9 years and have known each other since I was 13.

Have you submitted you application yet?

Hi there! Your visa will be quick... are you applying via the 309 route? I read on a post that that kind of visa took someone about 6 weeks to be approved, so I hold thumbs for you!

No, I have not submitted my application yet, it has to be posted to Pretoria apparently? Is there no faster way, via email or something? Guess speed post will have to do :( I have been scouting and have found a immigration officer that does require a fee, bit pricy for me, so I am taking the route of doing the whole shabang myself! I have just been downloading information . Going to Home Affairs in Paarl to apply for my unabridged birth certificate.... still have to organise the medical and the police clearance, but not sure at what stage of the process I have to do this. Should one submit it together with application , is there not a timing issue from the date the police clearance is filled in etc? How did you go about getting the police clearance, because I am clueless. Has the medical exams been done yet?

I am also hoping my process does not take too long, I don't plan on waiting forever:) Drop me a chat... my email address is ppearce3@csc.com, if you want to chat :lol:

Hi there! Your visa will be quick... are you applying via the 309 route? I read on a post that that kind of visa took someone about 6 weeks to be approved, so I hold thumbs for you!

No, I have not submitted my application yet, it has to be posted to Pretoria apparently? Is there no faster way, via email or something? Guess speed post will have to do :ilikeit: I have been scouting and have found a immigration officer that does require a fee, bit pricy for me, so I am taking the route of doing the whole shabang myself! I have just been downloading information . Going to Home Affairs in Paarl to apply for my unabridged birth certificate.... still have to organise the medical and the police clearance, but not sure at what stage of the process I have to do this. Should one submit it together with application , is there not a timing issue from the date the police clearance is filled in etc? How did you go about getting the police clearance, because I am clueless. Has the medical exams been done yet?

I am also hoping my process does not take too long, I don't plan on waiting forever:) Drop me a chat... my email address is ppearce3@csc.com, if you want to chat :(

Yes, I will be using the 309 application, also going it alone just to expensive to use a agent. You have to send your application via VFS, they are in Town, they usually check that you have all the supporting documents, etc.

We haven't done medicals yet. The police clearance it quite easy just go to your local police station to fill out the forms and get your prints taken. But don't let them send it, rather post it yourself via speed service and include a self addressed envelope to have it sent back to you. Oh and send it to the physical address and not the PO Box or they will never get it.

Hope that little bit of info was useful.

Chat soon

Yes, I will be using the 309 application, also going it alone just to expensive to use a agent. You have to send your application via VFS, they are in Town, they usually check that you have all the supporting documents, etc.

We haven't done medicals yet. The police clearance it quite easy just go to your local police station to fill out the forms and get your prints taken. But don't let them send it, rather post it yourself via speed service and include a self addressed envelope to have it sent back to you. Oh and send it to the physical address and not the PO Box or they will never get it.

Hope that little bit of info was useful.

Chat soon

Hi there! thanks for the great advice.. I was racking my brain on where I should get this forms for police clearance. I went todayto apply for unabridged birth certificate.. just hope it does not get delayed or take too long.......!!! What does VFS stand for? You answered just another questions I was not sure about....thank you so much! I am sharing a container in private capacity, so I posted a topic on customs... and the rules and red tape around it.... If packing my own stuff won't be an issue, that is the route I will rather go..... whereever one can save money... these service companies ask so much money , it is ridiculous !

Hi there! thanks for the great advice.. I was racking my brain on where I should get this forms for police clearance. I went todayto apply for unabridged birth certificate.. just hope it does not get delayed or take too long.......!!! What does VFS stand for? You answered just another questions I was not sure about....thank you so much! I am sharing a container in private capacity, so I posted a topic on customs... and the rules and red tape around it.... If packing my own stuff won't be an issue, that is the route I will rather go..... whereever one can save money... these service companies ask so much money , it is ridiculous !

We arrived in Oz just over a year ago - my husband came in on a spousal visa. I did everything myself & from the time they had all the doucmentation, it took 3 weeks for the visa to be issued - both my children went on his visa. If you are an Oz Citizen, they are not too phased if you don't go thro' VFS, although there might be one or 2 officious staff members at the High Commissioner that try & insist you go that route. I lived in Jhb at the time & did not work, so was my own courier & I did not have any problems.

It depends on when you want to leave SA as to when you do all the paperwork. According to the police, a police clearance is only valid for 6 months as at the date of application. If children are part of the visa application, the sponsor will also have to submit a clearance. If you have lived in any other countries, you will need clearances from those countries. You will also have to submit 2 witness statements from people who know you well, as proof that your relationship is genuine & ongoing, plus photographs taken over the years together as well as statements from both partners as to how you met, etc.

Rather than just putting all the documentation under cover of a letter, I made up a 'flip-file' with all the documentation indexed and labelled. Although family visas are given priority, I think my presentation made it just go a little bit faster.

If you would like any further info, pm me with your e-mail address & I'll gladly assist where I can.

We arrived in Oz just over a year ago - my husband came in on a spousal visa. I did everything myself & from the time they had all the doucmentation, it took 3 weeks for the visa to be issued - both my children went on his visa. If you are an Oz Citizen, they are not too phased if you don't go thro' VFS, although there might be one or 2 officious staff members at the High Commissioner that try & insist you go that route. I lived in Jhb at the time & did not work, so was my own courier & I did not have any problems.

It depends on when you want to leave SA as to when you do all the paperwork. According to the police, a police clearance is only valid for 6 months as at the date of application. If children are part of the visa application, the sponsor will also have to submit a clearance. If you have lived in any other countries, you will need clearances from those countries. You will also have to submit 2 witness statements from people who know you well, as proof that your relationship is genuine & ongoing, plus photographs taken over the years together as well as statements from both partners as to how you met, etc.

Rather than just putting all the documentation under cover of a letter, I made up a 'flip-file' with all the documentation indexed and labelled. Although family visas are given priority, I think my presentation made it just go a little bit faster.

If you would like any further info, pm me with your e-mail address & I'll gladly assist where I can.

PS - VFS stands for "Visa Facilitation Services"

Wow, 3 weeks. That is amazing, will definately also try the flip file thing. Do you know if it is possible to include my mom on my husbands spousal visa application as a dependent as she lives with us.

Wow, 3 weeks. That is amazing, will definately also try the flip file thing. Do you know if it is possible to include my mom on my husbands spousal visa application as a dependent as she lives with us.

That's an interesting point. I have just pulled out our file. Form 40SP (Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia) makes no mention of my children, but question 18 asks for details of ALL your partners dependent family members who are included in this sponsorship. My children were included here, but they are not my husband's children & nor has he adopted them.

There is another Form, 47A (Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over), which must be completed by the applicant (in this instance it would be your husband). question 26 on this form requires details of dependancy & they will require documentary proof.

Nowhere does it state what a dependant family member is, so if step-children are allowed, then a Mother-in-law should be allowed, as long as you have proof of ongoing financial support once you get to Oz as well.

If you do not have any other brothers or sisters in SA, you could also look at bringing her over on a parental visa, but it would cost extra.

Where do you want to live in Oz?

That's an interesting point. I have just pulled out our file. Form 40SP (Sponsorship for a partner to migrate to Australia) makes no mention of my children, but question 18 asks for details of ALL your partners dependent family members who are included in this sponsorship. My children were included here, but they are not my husband's children & nor has he adopted them.

There is another Form, 47A (Details of child or other dependent family member aged 18 years or over), which must be completed by the applicant (in this instance it would be your husband). question 26 on this form requires details of dependancy & they will require documentary proof.

Nowhere does it state what a dependant family member is, so if step-children are allowed, then a Mother-in-law should be allowed, as long as you have proof of ongoing financial support once you get to Oz as well.

If you do not have any other brothers or sisters in SA, you could also look at bringing her over on a parental visa, but it would cost extra.

Where do you want to live in Oz?

I haven't been able to get a straight answer this question. We are looking at Sydney, my dad and sister are in NSW and my brother is also in the prosess of moving to Sydney and the other one lives in Canada, so there wouldn't be anybody left in SA. And my mom would be living with us in Aus as well, my parents are divorced but have lived apart for the past 9 or so years.

Parental visa's are so expensive but we have been thinking of her going over on a holiday visa and then apply for a parental visa when we are settled.

All so confusing.

Archived