Good deals on kitchen appliances?

Numbawun

I need to buy EVERYTHING for a kitchen - didn't bring any appliances with (not even pots, pans, plates, toaster - nothing)

A friend in Brisbane had told me that some of the bigger retailers will put together pretty good deals for you if you in the market for a lot of stuff.

Where would I shop for kitchen stuff in Adelaide?

Where would I shop for kitchen stuff in Adelaide?

Appliances - best price - GOOD GUYS!

They're always good... :)

If you want top end pots and pans, not too sure... we've bought some nice stuff on sale at Myer before...

We did perfectly fine with K Mart and Big W...

Where will you be located?

Take care,

red

Numbawan, do have a look at Harris Scarfe for pots, pans, cutlery, crockery, glasses and the small kitchen stuff, they are having sales at the moment and I have bought brand names from them at excellent prices.

Please remember that you can bargain with the Good Guys. Takes a couple of hours, but go into the first store and check what you want and get them to give you a card, write the model number on the back, with the price. Then walk into Retravision, and do the same, when they give you the price, if it is more than Good Guys, then tell them so, they will often drop their price below that of Good Guys. Then you go to Harvey Norman and you do the same thing. When I bought a Fisher and Paykel washing machine I got the price down from $1250 to $950 this way.

Good luck!

Try Big W, Target and KMart (depends who is having a sale on that week as to what is on special) - there are also cheap places like Cheap as Chips, Reject Store and Sams Warehouse which sell bits and pieces for the kitchen.

Thanks Mara and Zoot

Going on a mission tomorow to see what we can find...

Ikea is also good for pots, pans, plates, cutlery and utensils.

I have bought plenty of appliances from the Good Guys in Noarlunga to furnish the houses.

The interesting thing is: the sales staff and the managers of the departments have different discount cards. That means that you get a bigger discount from the manager because he's authorised to give bigger discounts!

I know the manager at Noarlunga and he says that he will beat any appliance price from any store.

If you want his details send me an e mail to contact@homesdownunder.com.au

Tamara

Archived