Agents

Hi All;

My wife and I are considering using an agent but are unsure. We are concerned regarding the following:

 They ask +/- R15 000 and that’s only for advice;

 Will they be able to ensure a quicker turn around time?

What is the opinion out there?

Hi Etienne,

I would be happy to offer you a free initial assessment to advise of your eligibility for an Australian visa (no obligations). My email address is carres[at]optusnet[dot]com[dot]au.

Kind regards,

Fiona Carre

Registered Migration Agent

Gold Coast, Australia

From our experience with agents I would say no. They can not get your visa any faster than you can they actualy just made us wait longer. You can put the money to much better use.

Liza

Hi

This is very much a personal decision, and will depend on your own set of circumstances. As with most things in life, there are pros and cons.

Agents do cost a lot, but then they will guide you through the whole process. Using an agent won't actually speed up the process, however when your application form and supporting documents get to DIAC they should be completely in order, obviating any possible comebacks (and therefore delays). If a skills assessment is required, they will help you with this too.

Having said that, many folk have successfully done it themselves and saved the money. There is a wealth of information on this very forum which is invaluable in submitting an application.

I would, at the very least, have an assessment done so that you know which visa would be the best for you. You can then decide how to go from there.

Regards,

Scott

Can anybody recommend a really good agent?

Hitchcock & Associates, just do a search for "Hitchcock" on this forum... they've been in the business for 20 years.

Chairman Neil Hitchcock is currently consulting in South Africa until February 16th, 2007.

MD Cecil Bass will be in S.A. in March.

Consultations can be arranged in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Durban by contacting the following:

Pretoria Office

Ph: 012-803-5660 (office)

Ph: 012-803-5280 (office)

Fax: 012-803-0895 (office)

Email: hitchsa@global.co.za

083-656-7682 (mobile)

South African Marketing Office

Ph: 031-208-3355 (office)

or Sandra at hitchsf@worldonline.co.za