Children - when is the right time to move them ?

Meintjies

We are planning our move to Canberra this year

I have three boys aged 11 , 5 and 2 years old

When is the best time to move them ? I am worried about the school terms and is it maybe better to move them in the beginning of the year than in the middle of the year

any advice please?

Hi

Pine and Riana wrote" It will not be a problem if you move your son in the middel of year 6. The sylabus is totaly different from that in SA. the kids also do not write exams about the whole school year's work. The school year is devided into 4 terms and they are evaluated every term only on that terms work. School holidays in ACT is from 8 to 25 July. It will be good if he could start school as close as possible to the start of the new term. Also people tend to move around a lot in Auz and he will definitely not be the only new kid in his class."

Have in the canberra arrivals.

Later T

Hi Meintjies,

Also have three boys 11, 8 and 5. We moved them at the beginning of the school year (they were made to jump a year) and then we moved them again to a new town in the October. They have all done quite well anyway so I don't think you will have too much to worry about - as long as they have a good support system at home, they will adapt to whatever the circumstances at school.

Liesl

Hi

Pine and Riana wrote" It will not be a problem if you move your son in the middel of year 6. The sylabus is totaly different from that in SA. the kids also do not write exams about the whole school year's work. The school year is devided into 4 terms and they are evaluated every term only on that terms work. School holidays in ACT is from 8 to 25 July. It will be good if he could start school as close as possible to the start of the new term. Also people tend to move around a lot in Auz and he will definitely not be the only new kid in his class."

Have in the canberra arrivals.

Later T

Thanks

:ilikeit:

Hi Meintjies,

Also have three boys 11, 8 and 5. We moved them at the beginning of the school year (they were made to jump a year) and then we moved them again to a new town in the October. They have all done quite well anyway so I don't think you will have too much to worry about - as long as they have a good support system at home, they will adapt to whatever the circumstances at school.

Liesl

Thanks, I think the best will be to move them in the beginning of a new term or year...

I am hoping for July or September

Archived