South African Singles

Recoil

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone knows of any?

Its tough meeting people with a similar upbringing, sense of humour and class.

Cheers

Grant

Hey Grant

I am with you there, if anyone can help, I am keen ytoo.

Lisa

Hi Guys

Just wondering if anyone knows of any?

Its tough meeting people with a similar upbringing, sense of humour and class.

Cheers

Grant

Hey Grant

I am with you there, if anyone can help, I am keen ytoo.

Lisa

There you go then..............Grant meet Lisa...............Lisa meet Grant!

Both I assume single both looking to hook up, why dont you do just that!!! :ilikeit:

Cheers,

• Haha 1

Hi Grant

Didn't you come over married?

Both I assume single both looking to hook up, why dont you do just that!!! :ilikeit:

Cheers,

Lol! KangaRoux - I only pop in to the forum now once in awhile - but this is so exciting....tee hee - I will be watching this space!

So romantic - come on guys.... :ilikeit: But hope all the singles find a place to meet up, I am sure it can be daunting to say the least

so good luck to all, there are a few singles here as well - and not easy I have been told - hope you all find that special person to share

the joys of your new Country.

Lol KR :ilikeit:

Lisa - Thats an impressive memory. I was married and the plan was for both of us to come over. We ended up getting a divorce around the same time my Case Officer was assigned. So she went her way (london) and I stayed in SA for a bit longer and eventually got my visa. I then activated my Visa in november 2009, sold my house and car and moved to perth in Feb 2010. My Ex and I did not have any kids so that luckily didnt add any complications to our situation.

On the Singles side - I've met loads of people, but none that have really appealed to me. Many australians I have met here are very cliquey. They are all very

friendly but its really hard to break into their friendship circles that they have had since school days.

G

Edited by Recoil

Lisa - Thats an impressive memory. I was married and the plan was for both of us to come over. We ended up getting a divorce around the same time my Case Officer was assigned. So she went her way (london) and I stayed in SA for a bit longer and eventually got my visa. I then activated my Visa in november 2009, sold my house and car and moved to perth in Feb 2010. My Ex and I did not have any kids so that luckily didnt add any complications to our situation.

On the Singles side - I've met loads of people, but none that have really appealed to me. Many australians I have met here are very cliquey. They are all very

friendly but its really hard to break into their friendship circles that they have had since school days.

G

I dont find that so at all, I have met quite a few who are keen to make friends because many of their school buddies all moved over east!

Sorry look at the age gap, but anyway I dont meet people who dont put photos on their profile.

Grant put a photo up.

Cheers,

Sorry look at the age gap, but anyway I dont meet people who dont put photos on their profile.

Grant put a photo up.

haha yeah there is a big gap. Anyway, profile updated (although it is with my lame work photo, but its better than nothing.)

PS Lisa I believe your profile lacks an "Avatar" as well. just making mention.

Cheers

G

Edited by Recoil

Grant put a photo up.

Tee, hee.....OMG this is so funny! Oi Lisa, after meeting and chatting to you at the SA in Perth getogether at Whiteman Park that Mandy and I organized - I have no doubt that you will find someone special - you are a stunning looking lady - with personality to match! U go girl and keep up the excellent sense of humour! Really a cool photo G! SA to OZ should start a online dating service.......

Edited by EricaC

Haaaaaa...................Haaaaaa............. :ilikeit::whome:

LOL! Trust my bud to have a good laugh......x

:ilikeit: Thanx Erica, you too. How is life treating you in NZ.

Tee, hee.....OMG this is so funny! Oi Lisa, after meeting and chatting to you at the SA in Perth getogether at Whiteman Park that Mandy and I organized - I have no doubt that you will find someone special - you are a stunning looking lady - with personality to match! U go girl and keep up the excellent sense of humour! Really a cool photo G! SA to OZ should start a online dating service.......

Hi Grant

I actually didint realise I did not have a pic on mine.

Will update soon

haha yeah there is a big gap. Anyway, profile updated (although it is with my lame work photo, but its better than nothing.)

PS Lisa I believe your profile lacks an "Avatar" as well. just making mention.

Cheers

G

G

Hey there G! This whole cliquey thing happens to a lot of us when starting off in a new Country. Remember, all our childhood memories are in SA, schooling and of course what made all of us today, our family and of course friends. Very sad for most of us, as that void will never be filled! Sure you will find friendship circles to break into soon enough..... :ilikeit:

E

:ilikeit: Thanx Erica, you too. How is life treating you in NZ.

Hey girl! Settling in nicely - so beautiful here - come to think of it - some not too shabby Kiwi blokes here.....tee, hee.....Yeah, yeah....I know I am married, but a girl can still look....right?? Come over for a hol - you never know you might just meet that special man.....lol! Hope all goes well!!

E

Okay I have tried and I can not upload any pics onto this site it took 1 hour and it still hadnt loaded so dont know what I am doing wrong.

You have to re-size your pics if they are over 2MB they wont uplaod. Use a free pic resizer on the internet

You have to re-size your pics if they are over 2MB they wont uplaod. Use a free pic resizer on the internet

Okay I did that and it saved but when I go in again my pic has gone, so obviously I am not meant to put my photo up.

Okay I did that and it saved but when I go in again my pic has gone, so obviously I am not meant to put my photo up.

Looks like it worked to me. I see a picture of you, i assume :), at what looks like the U2 concert in Subi?

Ye for some reason I battle with this site on my home computer, got to work and checked and it is showing here, but at home not. U2 concert at Subi is correct what a blast, loved it.

Looks like it worked to me. I see a picture of you, i assume :), at what looks like the U2 concert in Subi?

• 5 months later...

Would love to catch up!

Is this club up and running?

Yes I agree its extremely difficult meeting people of the same culture and back ground!

Z

• 4 months later...

There is a facebook group called Local is Lekker , perhaps join there and see if anything comes of it.

There were a few singles at the picnic on Sunday, its a pity that not more singles come and join these things.

I do realise that its very off putting that its mostly couples, but if we cant get you guys togther, then its not going to work!!!

• 8 years later...