Are the Schools ok in Henley Beach or West beach

Lonzo

I am think of buying a house in Henley beach or West beach because its cheaper than Glenelg and Brighton.

I have 2x kids that will need to go to school shortly

Are the schools ok in this area ? anybody know ?

I must admit that driving arround, the schools in Glenelg South do seem better looking and nicer.

Lonzo, you have touched on one of the sad facts of life, i.e. more expensive areas = nicer schools. However one thing I have learned in the short time I have been here is that primary schools are more than likely to be absolutely fine in most areas except the absolute most dodgy (and believe me West Beach and Henley are nowhere near that category). Once kids go to high school there are much more pronouned differences and it matters a whole lot more. I wouldn't send my kids to Henley High at the moment, but schools go in cycles as well. But you'll be fine for the first 7 years :lol:. You need to go and visit the schools you are considering in person, preferably without notice, with your kids. That's the only real way you can tell what suits you and your children.

Hey Lonzo - Try contacting Joe123 - his kids are in West Beach Primary if I'm not mistaken.

Good luck!

i have been researching this after joining and australian baby forum and i believe Fulham North Primary is a good school, so we looking into that although we have a few more years. but as mentioned above, primary schools generally are all good in these areas, its more high school you need to think about. oh and we live in henley beach :blush:

Hey Lonzo,

I hope you are well. My daughter (7) is in West Beach Primary School and my son (4) is in West Beach kindy. The primary school is very small, hence the teacher pupil ratio is excellent, I think. I think I paid about $500 last year for my daughter for the whole year, I am about to find out soon how much this year is going to cost lol. West Beach kindy is $100 per term, for two days a week. The school does not appear to be too “flash†from outside but I am very happy with the school, and my daughter absolutely loves it there. Only one other South African family’s kids are attending the school, so not so good if you want meet people other South Africans.

Hope this helps :blush:

Archived